Im due to have my thr next Monday and ive received my equipment today

Posted , 7 users are following.

for when I come out of hospital. The only thing is the raised toilet seats dont fit a square toilet . Has anyone any ideas where I can get one. Ive informed ot but they havent got back to me yet.   Ive been online but no success.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Persist. With contact to the OT. To be honest they should have checked the he compatibility when they delivered it to you. Please let us know how you get on with your op. My op is post 11 days and although I'm still sore from scar etc I can't tell you how much better I feel. 

• Posted

Thanks Elainor i will. How you doing with walking are you on sticks or crutches?
  • Posted

Hi Susan....regarding the raised toilet

Seat, you can get one that is like

Walker frame. The frame stands on floor around the toilet so you have hand rails on both sides to hang on to while you sit. There is a toilet seat attached to this frame that resembles a walker. The height is also adjustable. I haven't checked on where to buy one yet because I have seen several at our thrift stores. It was my physical therapist that looked up on the computer for me, to see what other types of risers were available because I had bought a 5" riser for our toilet and it is too tall. My feet wouldn't reach the floor...I'm 5'2" That won't work for me. I'm glad I am getting things together early so I have a chance to try before I need. Now I can replace and get one that works for me. I would just

Do a computer search or ask a home health care agency. I will look and see what I find on line. Are you in U.S.?

Good luck

• Posted

Hi Cheryl im in uk. il keep trying the ot and do more research see what i can come up with.

thanks

• Posted

hi susan, 

warm welcome to this  forum - just checking in with you to see if you have found a solution yet ...

let us know how you are getting on, okay and come back here anytime

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Hi renee

ive spoken to ot today . They are going to send out a seat with handles on side in the next couple of days.

Thanks

• Posted

Thank you for all reply I am having another MRI scan next Monday with blue dye and then seeing consultant on 22/02/17 so will keep everyone updated thank you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.