im on raccutane

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive been on raccutane for a couple of months now and im drawing the end of my 6 months course, i notcied the improvement but now i feel as if im stationary.. and its stayed the samesad is anyone going/gone through this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to jump on post, I've just started roactuane everyone raves about it I'm really praying it works as I'm really depressed ;( how did yours go?
    • Posted

sorry that i havent replied to your comment sooner, honestly didnt see this! but i have just finished my course (last month) on roaccutane and i have never been so pleased with the results, its now a month being off the drug and my skin is amazing! smile 

it got me depressed and low aswell but i just fought through it because i had tosad its so worth it now! praying that it doesnt come back.. 

how has your course gone on roaccutane so far then? or have you finished it now as my reply is so late rolleyes xxxxx

• Posted

Hi Emily,

How'd you get on? I have been on accutane for a few months now for mild acne on my face and upper body.

What I can say is that a lot of the red marks just hung around for ages, like they were frozen. Alot have gone now but took weeks longer than usual. i also had a white head that was very small and barely noticeable, that just stayed under the skin. I think it's because people with acne have a high turnover of skin, which means that deadskin sheds faster than the pores can cope with. The Accutane slows this down so acne under the skin takes longer to surface. All I can say is, I tried a number of times over a period of months but it finally came out with a bit of gentle persuasion about a month ago.

How are things going with you now?

• Posted

they are going super well, just sick of the scarring on my cheekssad stupid red marks is all i can say! rolleyes just waiting for them to fade, but overall i am so pleased with the results of this pill! sorry for the late reply! xxxx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.