implant plate & screw in RH humerus fractured

Posted , 5 users are following.

Dear Sir,

I fell from my scooty as its skids & got fractured in my RH Humerus

& subsequentlu subject treatment has been done since last six months back. my physio is continue since five months still my hand is not lifting compleatly in its own. so can you please suggest me another how long it will take to recover fully??

also if any suggession from your side please advice. 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you need to build those Muscles up around the BROKEN BONE.. Your arm will never be like its former state, takes much longer in some to build up muscle ..use some Dumbells..Did you damage Nerves at the same time you fractured the Humerus..you may need a Nerve conduction study to see if there is longterm damage.
  • Posted

I fractured my right upper humerus after fall in December 2013 and had pins and plate put in. Then rest and physio. As I regained some lifting of my arm the Consultant decided to remove pins and plate this July 2015. Luckily rotator cuff still attached. The consultant released the capsule in my shoulder in the op to aid movement.I do feel better and already gaining more movement. Physio soon. I still take painrelief tablets in the form of paracetomol as prescribed. Ok.

Keep hope and recover well soon.

Kind wishes

Sue

• Posted

I broke my right radius in May 14 cast on .. Got k wires in but now removed My hand and fingers never stopped swelling my hand was set in cast at 90% cast of now 5 weeks but cannot move finger hand a little straight but I cannot grip or bend finger ..theirs no movement in wrist and have been to hand therapy 3 times a wk ..does it get any better .. 
  • Posted

I fell and fractured my left humerus in 3 places one month ago. I have had surgery, ORIF, and have a tianium plate and multiple screws inserted. I have a lot of pain day and night and start physio this week. My surgeon tells me it will be 3-6 months of rehab and then it will be a year before I reach my new norm of function. I sympathize with you and wish you patience,safety and endurance!
    • Posted

I empathise as you can read I had similar fracture and also titanium plate and pins. I am so much more comfortable after plate and pins removed in op on 13th July 2015 (1 night in Hospital). I think the pins were causing me pain every time I followed certain movements. After the first op to repair my fracture I followed physio but after 6 months the Consultant said the pins and plate needed to be removed to regain more arm movement. There was a delay due to cancellations then my the start of my new job but thenk goodness for this second op. I recommend from my experience that if the bone has healed well and to prevent pain from pins that the pin and plate are removed. Just check if there is a too great a risk of refracture. I am proceeding gradually with physio and regaining strength and greater lift in my arm. I wish you a good recovery too.

Kind wishes

Sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.