In menopause ; started HRT; now a period!!??

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was told in Nov. of 2014 I was in menopause as my FSH was 111. I hadn't had a period since July 2014. I started to develop depression an anxiety an extreme moods. So went an got hormones checked via saliva. Showed real low progesterone and low estrogen. Testosterone was ok. Dont remember cortisol level. So had comp an ounding pharmacist make my bio-identical hormones via vaginal suppository. 1 every night. Progesterone is 40mg; Estriol is 0.2 anEstradiol is 0.05mg. Well was taking regularly until sometime in April. Started forgetting alot an also started getting upper rt quadrant pain. So didnt feel good an pretty much forgot a total of month an a half to 2 months worth of hormones. Ended up gettin my gallbladder an appendix out on June 26th. Started taking hormones more regular after that. Well on July 20 I got a real period. Cramps, back ache, bitchy mood, bled for 5-6 days just like I had always done. So on 12th month of menopause I get a period! I even had ovulated 2 wks prior to the July 20th period. My ovaries hurt BAD! Just like in the past. So called pharmacist freakin out. She said it was a chemically caused menstruation. So started up again on hormone after I stopped bleeding. Well 21 days later (this past Sun) I started bleeding again. But only bled for 2 full 24 hrs. Now done. Called again. She said start again but skip every Sunday. In other words skip every 7th day. I know hrt can cause uterine cancer . Pharmacist says it must be to much estrogen but why would I have period if I had forgotten almist 2 months worth of hormones? Iv never had female problems. Periods always every 28 days. Got pregnant on first try everytime. Im 46 an still have uterus. I'm adopted so no family medical history. If I bled again, going to Ob. I think it's the hormones doing it. Anyone else have this happen? An Im not so depressed either anymore. Not on antidepressants. Thanks!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Zio,

You are not supposed to have your periods and it is a red alert if you do on HRT.  Go to a Dr and let them know.

• Posted

I did go to Ob/Gyn Fr an had endometrial biopsies an all normal. Pap smear normal. Having sonogram in a wk. But probably hormones. Dosage needs to be adjusted. Just glad no cancer!
  • Posted

I bled both times I attempted Kliogest over a couple of years - now on Tiberlone and no bleeding. Also adopted and have no knowledge of my medical history - looking into it nowsmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.