Inconsistant and back pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

First the back story: I am 44 and have never had the strongest bladder, and as a kid I had the occasional accident and did have beadwetting, but it went away except for the occassinal instancemay be 1 or 2 times a year. Reciently I have been having pretty bad lower back pain that hits my siatic (sp?) nerve in my right leg, have tingling in my right foot. They putme on a medicine for the nerve and it seems to help. I have started having pretty bad urinary problems. I went to the Veterans Clinic in the US to see my doctor. They did an MRI on my back, said everything was fine, and an ultrasound on my bladder (after I had been there for 8 hours with nothing to drink) and said my bladder was emty and did not know why. Gave me a bunch of meds for my back and refered me to a urologist. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) the Urologist is booked up for the next month but they are giving me an outside referal to a private doctor (which is the fortunate part since I am loosing confidence in the VA doctors).

I have tried to keep a bathroom schedule through the day but never really go  all the way, don't seem to have a lot of pressure, but will go when I don't want to, and don't feel like I am going just I get wet. Also having more problems at night.

I tried controlling my fluids, got dehidrated and a bad head ache, probably not the brightest idea.

I have started using protection (which is a whole other issue and learning experiance).

I feel like the doctors are not taking me seriously, or my issue seriously enough. they gave me no information or help on dealing with it. I really would like to find the cause and not just be told my back is fine and it is not the cause...

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am 55 year old patient with multiple problems and was told from one doctor to go to physical therapy to learn how to build up my muscles which I've been doing for ever I take medication that makes me have to go allot..so I am here to learn more about this. Also was given a prescription for Vesicare but I have not started taking it yet I am on too many medications as it is so if anyone has been on this let me know if it helps I have currently been wearing depends constantly when I take my water pills and it is affecting my whole entire life I live in Florida not a lot of time to be out with this problem thanks so much and sorry for the people here for their problems as well
  • Posted

HI i am in teh same leaking boat as you... but i have been dealing with this for 14 years now.  I had L4-5 Disk hurniation that casued CES being on  state medicaid it took them several month to finally do a spinal decompression.  I have since had 2 more back surgeries on teh same disk at this point in time by back in not a service connected disability but I am working with the Seattle VA trying to get it all connectred ince i have my first Ct scan some 4 month after seperation.  I know you posted this awhile ago but feel free to message me or you can email me and I'll be happy to help anyway that i can.

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.