Increase problems

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have IC, after many drugs that did not work I was subscribed gabapentin 100MG for a week, then go up 100 a week until I reach 300mg. The 100mg worked great, but when I went up too the 200 MG, all the old symptoms came back. Has this happened to anyone else? I went back down to the 100 MG last night, don't know if that was the right choice, but too not have the symptoms for a week was incredible. If you can help it would be great

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey, I'm on 300 mg and im I'm not sure if even work. ImI'm on so many meds but the pain is still there. Im feet feel like they asleep they are numb and my legs hurt to the touch. When I fall asleep at night maybe 20 minutes sleep I wake up to the pain in my feet and toes its like my feet and toes are asleep and I have charley horses in my feet and toes and they numb all at the same time. Has this happen to you?

• Posted

Sorry this does not happen to me, this use to happen to me. My feet and hands would fall asleep all the time, and/or go numb, I bought a new bed and it does not happen anymore. I use to get Charley horses so bad I would jump out of bed in total pain. As long g as I drink enough water I do not get them, if I do not drink enough through out the day, I will get one for sure. Always in my legs, mainly my foot or calf
  • Posted

I was presecribed gabapentin 100mg, 3 times a day for pudendal neuralgia. The first two days it worked like a miracle.  The next two days it helped less.  By the fifth day the pain returned and by the 6th day it was worse.  I also developed severe sexual dysfunction and stopped taking it.   

I was wondering if going back to 100 mg / day worked for you?  Like you I really want that relief back.

• Posted

Gabapentin does nothing for pain for me, I use it to help with my overactive bladder. I developed an over active bladder after having a surgery, my bladder was put in a sling, and I had a prolaspe that had to be "put back in place" (best way to describe that one). I have then found out, I was severely anemic. I needed two iron infusions. I have two ulcers in my colon, and mono. Colon is very painful and the spleen constrics with mono, which hits a nerve that leads up to your shoulder, also very painful. Gabapentin does nothing for me for either pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.