Increase to 20mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, I increased my escitalopram from 15mg to 20mg about ten days ago.... it's hit me like a ton of bricks, my anxiety, many different symptoms, have increased or reappeared..... is this a normal reaction when increasing your dosage? Thanks Luke.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I was on escitalopram 10 mil for 10 yrs when it stopped working! Dr upped the dosage to 20 and it made my condition worse! After 12weeks  was put on Paxil 20 mil from my psychiatrist and have been on this for 2 weeks! Feeling somewhat better so I hope I am on my way to feeling like myself again! I was on Paxil many years ago and worked great! Hope you start feeling better! I think I just had what they call antidepressant poop out with escitalopram!
    • Posted

Thanks for replying, I'm hoping it's just a blip, will give it a few more weeks (provided i can!) then have a chat with Drs.

• Posted

I was on prozac for ptsd and servere anxiety it didn't work. I'm now on lexipro. 3 weeks on 10mg and 3weeks on 20mg. Some days are bareable some days have been almost normal but I always get 3 or 4 days where I'm scared all day with anxiety today is is filled with panic and fear. I'm constantly lightheaded and it makes me fear a brain tumour. I've been off work 6 month and need to get back. I'm scared this won't work!!!! I have 2 small children and make myself take them to the park or pools and beach even tho I'm in complete fear of nothing there. I can't drive far I'm scared I'll have a fit or faint while driving (never have had it happen) I always have to be with ppl when i go to the shops or out in public as I have a fear I'll pass out or die and my kids will be alone. What's happening to me? I've been through a rough time with my ex the past 6 years and he was arrested and placed into jail 10 months ago for dv. I should be feeling better now his gone not worse. Will lexipro kick in? After all this time I thought it already would have im scared to death I'll have to try another med,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.