Increased Anxiety recently.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I've been taking Venlafaxine 150mg MR for 4 years now, this past month or so, for no real reason or trigger, I'm feeling some heightened anxiety again, I will be seeing my GP in 2 days but having looked up the dosages of Venlafaxine, for anxiety etc, I can go up to 225mg daily. Would this be worth a go do you think?? Thought I'd ask those who know first!! Many thanks...Baz.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

You can go up to 225mg venlafaxine, and I've seen posts on this forum from people who take more than that, but I wouldn't increase it without asking the GP first. I take 225mg venlafaxine and 30mg mirtazapine, but that combination was prescribed by my psychiatrist.
    • Posted

Thank you....yes, I'm seeing my GP on Friday, I also take Mirtazapine, 15mg at night, prescribed by my Psychiatrist too. I just feel a bit on edge and fidgety at the moment and don't want these feelings to escalate as I had a bad time 4 years ago and don't want to regress.

• Posted

I think you probably need your dose increasing. Ask your doc when you go. I'd just add another 37.5mg to what you already take. X
    • Posted

That's a good idea....rather than going up by the full 75mg....do it in gradual stages.....didn't know you could get venlafaxine in 37.5mg tabs.

I shall discuss it with my doc on Friday.....can it be taken in 2 divided doses??? I take the 150mg at night but wondered if I could take the 37.5mg in the morning, or should it be just once a day?? Does any one take theirs in 2 doses each day?? Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks. xx

• Posted

I take 150 mg in the evening (9.30pm) and 75mg as soon as i wake in the morning. That works for me. It is the XL sustained release version which spreads it out anyway.
    • Posted

Thank you so much....that's a great help. I'm seeing my GP tomorrow so will discuss that, I too take 150mg at night but feel I need something during the day too, so this may be the answer for me too. xx

• Posted

GP's can prescribe upto 225mg/day so it's probably worth seeing if increasing your dose helps if venlafaxine has helped you in the past. Good luck.
    • Posted

Many thanks...saw my GP this morning...I was taking my venlafaxine at night so we've agreed to try taking it in the morning to see if it helps more during the day as I have the mirtazapine 15mg for night time....if no real effect he's going to add in a bit more of the venlafaxine, so time will tell. Thanks all.

• Posted

I have been on 300 for a yr and half. I recently tried to cut in half but can't handle it so I'm back up. I I am wondering if my pain and weigh gain are caused from meds after reading.
    • Posted

Cutting to half a dose is too much of a decrease. That will be why you felt ill. You need to decrease this tablet very slowly other wise the side effects are to much to bare. Hope this helps. I have also gained 4 stone on this tablet. I am on last Withdrawel bit now so hoping it'll come off eventually x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.