increased pain when bumping a bone

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive recently been "diagnosed" with an undifferentiated connective tissue disease.  I was diagnosed years ago with fibro.  My rheumy says my current conditions cannot be fibro since my ANA came back too high, 1:640.  Was told this could be lupus, maybe not. 

Does anyone with auto immune or fibro experience excrutiation pain from just bumping you elbow or any other bone?  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

All the  time and when I bang part of my body I just fall to the floor in a heap as the rest of my body feels it just as badly. When you knock one elbow for heavens sake don't knock the other!!

• Posted

Oh yes,

Apart from other things, I have Fibro and even just bumping into someone in the street, is enough sometimes for me to cry out.  The Rheumy gave me a hug as an experiment and I ended up in tears as it hurt so much.

• Posted

I'm the exact same, even doing housework if I accidentally hurt my elbow or feet, my son says all he hears me do is make a lot of strange noises (lol) unfortunately I thought that would be when I was a good bit older and your body slows down, but I'm only 48 and some days I feel like 90!

• Posted

Hi blm312 Since having fibro Ive noticed  if ever I bump into anything the pain I feel is excrusiating its definitly been worse pain wise since having fibro. take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.