Indescribable, exruciating, and hellish ..but no blood and surgeon can't see fissure?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

So i've been in this pain for a year now and I just can't take it anymore. I went to the CRS who had examined me and he said that he couldn't see a fissure! I was shocked! How?

I'm in insurmountable pain after every bowel movement for hours and hours afterwards! I used to have bleeding but now I don't. Honestly guys, the burning pain that comes after a bowel movement makes me want to bang my head against a wall. My surgeon booked me in for an examination under anesthetic to see what exactly is causing the pain.

My question is: can a fissure not be visible to the naked eye from a simple examination?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Leopold,

​So sorry to hear that you are still agony, you must go bact to your Doctor straight away and do not leave the surgery until he helps you.

​Have you read my Feedback on here.

​Clive ( Birmingham ) UK.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Clive. I have been booked in for an examination under anesthetic with him because, according to him, he could not see any fissure. So my question is, can the fissure be "internal"? As in not visible to the naked eye?

Unfortunately now I have to wait in fear of bowel movements until my appointment which is in a month's time.

• Posted

Yes you can have an internal fissure, but fissures bleed, so you would know.

There is a condition called pudendal neuropathy, which is inflamation of the pudendal nerve, this causes awful burning all around that area. it's mainly found in ladies, due to the anatomy and damage in childbirth. But men can suffer with this little known condition also. The pain after a bowel movement just lasts all day, only easing off during the night.

Google it and see if the symptoms match

• Posted

I definately did bleed when this problem started about a year ago. Bright red drops of blood to be precise. But now I rarely bleed. I just find it awkard that I need an examination under anesthetic to be properly diagnosed because I heard that most fissures can be diagnosed and seen by simple examination.
    • Posted

Hopefully he will see something then.

My fissure used to bleed, a lot, then I had prolapse surgery, and it's bee slightly better, but have to keep on top of diet and fibre intake. It still bleeds a bit, and I now know the pain is from PN, doesn't always help to know because they can't do anything.

Hope in your case they can.

• Posted

Hi Leopold,

​Thanks for getting back to me i had the operation 2 years ago under General Anesthetic, they cannot stitch the Fissure because of the blood flow so they inject Botox this is a filler and i was pain free for 3 months.

My surgeon did say to me if the pain returns carry on using the ointment which is called RECTOGESIC which you get from your Doctor on Prescription, the pain goes away very quickly.

I have  not had severe pain for over a year, maybe a little discomfort but no pain,i also found which worked for me before i had Surgery was a hot bubble bath that did ease the pain..

​But i totally changed my lifestyle with regards to eating.

​Breakfast------ Fresh Fruit and Yoghurt

​Lunch      ------A Sandwhich

​Evening Meal  ---What ever food you have half the quantity that you would normally eat.

​I do a lot more walking as i live very near to a Park also its good exercise.

​I hope that i have been of some help and im sure Surgery will all go well for you.

Clive ( Birmingham ) UK

• Posted

Rectogesic i've been using for many months. I have been advised to apply it after a bowel movement but I am in so much pain after a BM that I can't put it inside my anus, so I just apply it externally. It has not really helped me that much.

But my question that I still cannot seem to find an answer for is can fissures not be visible by simply looking at them? Can they be hidden deep in the anal canal?

• Posted

Hi Again Leopold,

Im glad that you know about RECTOGESIC yes i only use this externally too,

​Ask your question to your Surgeon and Doctor as they are the only people with the answer,

​Im sure after your surgery they will tell you the out come and suggest further treatment.

​Clive ( Birmingham) UK

• Posted

Hi Leopold,

Just to mention to you that you have to use RECTOGESIC for 8 weeks continuously not only after every BM but also ever 12 hours.

​So i use this before i go to bed externally which im sure eases the pain when you go for a BM.

​Clive ( Birmingham ) UK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.