Indigestion and Ectopic beats?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, my name is Arya, I'm 27 years old. So for the past year I have been experiencing horrific panic and anxiety attacks. I've had blood work done, ecgs - all came back fine and I'm a completely healthy young woman, I saw a cardiolgist a few weeks ago, she told me that I suffer with something called Ectopic heartbeats and that they're really common and normal. 

My question is, are these so called harmless beats linked to indigestion?

I have a nervous stomach all the time due to my anxiety, I don't get these beats often but when I do I notice I have a lot of gurgling and grumbling, I questioned my doctor about it and he said it had nothing to do with it, but I'm not so sure... 

Anyone have any thoughts about this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Aryan

Ectopic heart beats are frustrating and uncomfortable but as your doctor says, that does not mean you have a heart problem. Lots of people experience these ectopic beats especially Pilots it

seems.

You could try carrying a rescue remedy spray on you and when you feel a panic coming on use it to try calm your anxiety. There is no connection between your gut and heart.

I wish you peace and calm xx

• Posted

Thanks for you reply smile

I take Kalms, which help me a lot. I've heard a lot of people ask this question, I think maybe the gurgling etc is just all nervousness and knots.

Peace and calm to you aswell. 😊

• Posted

Chinese diagnosis connects the heart and small intestine so with that in mind perhaps when the heart is disturbed (with ectopic beats) the small intestine, (which is where your food is absorbed), becomes unsettled hence the gurgling?

Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.