INDIGESTION AND PAIN THROUGHOUT BOWEL. (stress and anxiety).

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been unwell since August but have been prone to spells of unwellness since being diagnosed with diverticula disease about 6 years ago. Stress seems to trigger it and I have been diagnosed with a thyroid problem which caused me great anxiety/stress while it was being investigated. The bowel and stomach seem to have gone down hill since. 

I'm so unwell with digestive pain and disturbance i don't know where to turn. Bloods are normal and GP says abdo feels normal apart from feeling tense and tender.Does anyone recognise gthis reaction to stress and should I push for further investigation? (Colonoscopy 18 mths ago).

I'm now totally dibilitated with digestive pain and discomfort,

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear you're suffering so bad, Redstar.

I've got IBS and diverticular but only had this confirmed since October 2015. I've been suffering with pain in my muscles and joints since my last big flare up in Nov/Dec. I was recommended to try taking vitamin D and vitamin B12 supplements. Apparently, the way we have to eat now means we aren't getting the right kind of nutrients. Doctors check us out and find nothing wrong, but we know we are in pain.

I've been taking the vit supplements since 22 Dec. My only pain now is in my right leg, but the other symptoms have abated.

It could be worth trying these xxx

• Posted

Were you given a fluoroquinolone antibiotic for the flare up? Like Cipro. Muscle, joint and tendon pain can be as a result of this.
    • Posted

Hi Madge

No tablets given for the divi flare up. I just got something for the IBS...mebeverine.

Sorted me out in the end xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.