Infection in ear canal, worse after spray

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I went to the drs a week ago Monday , I have an infection in the Ear canal and was prescribed otomize ear spray. I have to spray 3_ times a day but I feel after each spray is when I get the really bad pain and feel its making it worse. Just wondered if anyone else that's had it experienced the horrendous pain after spraying , if its normal to get better at the end of it.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would stop using the spray. It shouldn't cause pain. Obviously it is causing a reaction and possibly inflammation. See your GP tomorrow, see an emergency department ENT or ask your GP for an urgent referral to an ENT. If your doctor works with other doctors, see one of them and they will immediately change you to a different medication. smile
    • Posted

Thanks for your help just wanted to make sure it wasn't a normal reaction because obviously I don't want to use an appointment for no reason when someone who needs it could of had it smile
  • Posted

I am using Otomize at present.

The instructions say that some burning may occur for the first few days. I have been using the spay for a week and am still get burning. Due to end treatment today. I am not entirely convinced that the infection has completely disappeared, although, the nurse said that the canals did not show sign of inflammation, yet I still feel that there is something 'not quite right'. The problem is, however, much better.

Otpmize contains acetic acid. I would expect this agent to burn sensitive skin, such as that found in the ear canals

• Posted

I'm feeling pain too with this spray! I'll stop using it immediately, it's absolutely horrible!

• Posted

hi I'm new to this group

need help I've had ear infection for 1week I was give antibiotics orally then that didn't help I had to have ciprofloxacin ear drops and then had to go ent to have it suctioned out , then I didn't get much relief ended up back to a&e they took look and said it looks inflamed so I've been given otomize ear drops I'm on day 2 not seen much difference yet although they said have it fir 7days my hearing is mufflly just want to get better anyone had any good experience with otomize or could reassure me thanknyou

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.