Inflamed liver & bowel, mucus in stool,but no pain what could it be?

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi all

i am 19 years old and have been suffering with mucus in my stool and going to the toilet far too often and way to long for around 1 year before I finally decided enough is enough.

At first I didn't really pay attention to the mucus in my stool as there was barely anything there but gradually as the months went by I started going to the toilet a lot more often and noticed day by day there were more and more mucus. It was only when I noticed a long brown twisted looking thing in the mucus that gave of a fishy smell ( kinda looked like a mini intestin lol ) that I went to see a practitioner nurse thinking it may be worms, now they couldn't do a stool sample as I hadn't been abroad so they just gave me some d worming tablets and away I went ( well that did NOT work smile.

well since then (back in September 2014) I have just egnored it until 1 week ago I hit the Internet and searched mucus in my stool.

now this kinda worried me it was coming up with all sorts but nothing matched up I'm not in any pain, no blood and I'm not constipated but my stools are irregular one minute it's like hard balls the next normal and then diarrhoea here we come all in one 24hr period. So on the 21st may 15 I had an appointment to see my GP I explained all I have said already and she booked me in for a blood test ( lots of blood taken 4 bottles ) and a stool sample ( had to poo on a very tiny spoon) 

anyway a week later all results are in turns out low vitamin D, not anaemic, blood test showed and inflamed liver and stool sample showed inflamed bowel. The doctor has no idea what it could be ( so they say )as my test results don't match up with my symptoms as I have no blood in stool or any pain or anaemic for that matter, the only thing I am is quite tired but that's just me always tired even though I sleep for Britain ( true ) I have been referred to have a colonoscopy (to me and you a camera up you bum) so waiting to here back from them but as I am a very very VERY impatient person I was wondering if anyone has any idea what this could be and has anyone else experienced the same 

can't wait to see replies ( very impatient )

sammiiee 👍

5 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

My friend has Colitis and it sounds similar to her symptons. 
    • Posted

I typed in colitis you right I could be that but again I have no blood or pain I am a mystery until further tests thanks for your reply you've let me know about something I've never heard of before so I'm on google reading all about it thanks smile
  • Posted

This sounds very similar to me. I have almost none of the other symptoms listed for any of the things it could be. Basically I have exactly what you have described. I know this post was two years ago but could you update me with anything you have learned? Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.