inflamed skin on butt crack?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ive been dealing with this for several months now, my dermatologist isnt helping much. She prescribed me hydrocortisone but it didnt help at all. My skin burns and sometimes its sore, its not yeast because ive used antifungals on there. Its red and irritated. Can someone please help! i recently went to a doctor in mexico nd prescribed me clotrimazole(is antifungal) with dexamethasone cream(for skin inflamation) both combined together, itnhelps but only a little does anyone have any other recomendations???? im not overweight either im so helpless its so uncomfortable to even walk! ive also used butt paste and baby creams but no cure

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If the clotrimazole plus steroid helps, then continue to use it.  However you need to find the cause, have you looked at products that you use, such as laundry products, then shower products etc & creams.  Have you changed anything lately, or, has a manufacturer changed anything?

Years ago, I discovered that I was allergic to formaldehyde & formaldehyde releasers & as soon as I could identify them in products, I controlled the inflammation, with  a potent steroid cream plus antifungal.

Talking of baby creams, something with zinc in it may help.  Zinc aids healing.

• Posted

Yea it helps a little and I have baby creams with zinc oxide as well that helps a little too but I want a cure. I'm going to need to get a biopsy done or something. How did you find out you were allergic?
    • Posted

I had patch testing & it showed all the chemicals I was allergic to, then it is another learning curve, to find products without them.

It is a long process Jade, you may not find a cure overnight, or at all.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.