Infliximab

Posted , 6 users are following.

Anyone got any feedback on Infliximab?

Moving on to this in the next week or so as the mezaline and steriods hasn't kept it at bay...

How long does it take to kick in and I've heard of many of the downsides, but do these really manifest themselves?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had an infusion of Infliximab but it didn't work for me. You are likely to see improvements within a few days. There are some cancer risks, I believe. Good luck.
    • Posted

Thanks,

I have read about the cancer risks...plus many others. The flare ups are terrible so in my case its worse a try...

• Posted

It worked within the first month for me. I got some side effects similar to an irregular heartbeat so was taken off.
    • Posted

what course of treatment are you on now? the side effect do concern me a little, but I'm at a stage where I need to try something different!
    • Posted

I have been on entyvio for over a year and it is the best thing I have done by far.

I think of the current meds, it is the most gut selective and offers the least side effects.

• Posted

might need to ask a little more on this one...thanks!
  • Posted

Ive been in infliximab since about june roughly and with me personally it gives an instant effect that can last 4 weeks then you get your next infusion, it then gets bumped to 8 weeks between if all going well, and it seem to have work really well, a great substitute for steroids!
    • Posted

Have you found that coughs and colds etc affect you more than before and other silly little illnesses with the kickback on the immune system?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.