Inguinal hernia repair with NO MESH (non-mesh), can you help?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I'm looking for some help and advice from anyone who has had inguinal hernia repair but with NO MESH (non mesh surgery).

I'm just three days post op and am getting some very severe and extreme burning / tugging pains in the area below my incision and across my left groin and upper, inner thigh. I had heard of this complication for mesh patients but so far haven't found anyone who didn't have a mesh who's had this pain.

Can anyone help?

It's obviously neuropathic/nerve pain and I want to make sure it's normal and will pass in time.

MASSIVELY APPRECIATE ANY HELP AND ADVICE!! Liam

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Liam--

Have to tell you that Dr Muschaweck is a terrible surgeon. She operated on my inguinal hernia in Germany in late 2015 and left a total mess--with sexual dysfunction, numbness, pain and later incontinence resulting. I am lucky I am not in a wheelchair after what she did. And I paid a lot for this. Google her name with the word 'Problem" and you will come across a number of references that add up to one bad surgeon. There was even a court case filed against her in the US. That's why she gets you to sign a piece of paper about being sued rather early on in the piece. And that should have raised a few flags in my head but I did not question it at the time. Now I suffer daily from this botched surgery.

• Posted

I am an Australian (currently living in Sri Lanka), had an inguinal hernia and did a lot of online research and reading.  I chose not to have mesh repair and took a trip to Pune in India to have the Descarda non mesh repair from Dr Descarda.  Have to say, I was fairly nervous about the whole thing and worried I had taken a leap of faith way too far, to go with this technique - which I only knew of from info online.  Anyway, that was now 3 months ago and it all went well.  Was not really painful ever but rather only uncomfortable for some days here and there.  I was walking around in India (street photographing) for many hours at a time only 3 days after surgery and was quite capable (mind you, in retrospect that was probably overdoing it a tad).  I understand that the chance of the hernia returning is almost nil with this technique.  The hospital for the operation was ok - ish (it is India) but the surgery theatre was certainly clean, equipped and modern. Check out the Descarda site online.  I am just posting this in case anyone thinks its not legit.  It certainly is and I am a content customer.   If anyone would like any info about my experience with it all, just let me know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.