Inguinol hernia

Posted , 4 users are following.

i had small i guinol hernia on right side groin,had surgery over 9 weeks ago and still not able to lift over 20lbs or sit to long or sleep without pain. Been given pain shots in nerves helped for two days. Back in pain. I say botched surgery on nerves I want cat scan dr says try steroid shots 3 or 4 visits today was my second shots. Can't hardly walk. I'm afraid I'm going to have another surgery. Post surgery is the worst can't take Percocet to much pain Meds tore up stomach Not to mention terrible depression and an ivory and claustaphobia. Anyone go thru what I'm going thru afraid I'm gonna loose my job I'm on workers comp in florida

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi Donald, are you having any other symptoms such as feeling sick/dizziness any pains going into groin or testicles. I only ask as I am 6 months post op and have had same pains as in not being able to sit or sleep without pain, I haven't tried any nerve blockers but have been prescribed them but not taken due to all side effects
    • Posted

Thank you for replying I have pain where mesh was put in and got brusing where I was injected or from bending to much. As far as nearontin which is supposed to be meds for pain. I took one day. Didn't make me sick but I couldn't drive or think straight. The pain in right testicle and bottom of pebis was really bruised
    • Posted

All the articles I've ben reading say It should I should be up and able to do my normal thing in 6 weeks. Boy that was wrong. I'm sorry you had to go thru this that long that's terrible. Thinkin bout getting 2nd option. I want cat scan but dr said lets try shots first. I'm 55 year old in good shape but this is taking its tol on me. I hate this
    • Posted

All I can say is don't listen when they say you will be up and back to normal after 6 weeks, that's really a best case senario, if you have got nerve damage then your looking a bit longer, where is the pain apart from hernia site itself ? Just makes me wonder if it is nerve damage as this would radiate down your legs into testicles. My actual hernia site took 4 months to stop hurting everyday and now the site itself hurts every couple of days
    • Posted

Pain is mostly in right groin area and inner right leg. Yesterday I did some lifting and stood around all day and both of my calve muscles were a king last nite. Today after shots both my legs in back aching. What do you take for pain and to sleep? Do you live in us?
    • Posted

No I am in the UK, definitely feel for you as am 30 and used to run everyday and gym everyday so now had 6 months with no exercise, the inner leg and groin area pain still could be due to swelling as your active like me your probably still doing more than you should even if it's walking to far or bending to much, try to get your doc to prescribe you naproxin it's an anti inflamatary drug, the pain your getting sounds like swelling around the Inguinial ring which in turn is causing problems with you vas duct which will give you groin pain and leg pain
    • Posted

Thank you reguler Steve does me no good u sound like you have a good dr our getting good info. Your probably right. Your five ahead of my time. Now if only I could get some rest. Too much anxiety and stress thanx for the info. Just when think I'm starting toget better I aggregate it again
    • Posted

Does it sound like I need to get a cat scan? I tried to tell dr deaf ears
    • Posted

Have a rubbish doctor but figuring it out the hard way, still along way of being sorted as I have around 20 other things all going wrong. Naproxin is a really strong anti inflamatary which has to be prescribed and unlike the shots you have it will work on the muscle and tissue, if it starts to get better and the aggravates it's definitly still the swelling and the injections will only aggrivate it all. Best thing can suggest which I know will be hard is naproxin daily, no excercise, very gentle walks and no booze just water for 4 weeks to flush your system as all muscles that were disturbed will still be realising toxins that need to be flushed
    • Posted

A cat scan will show if mesh slipped, general inflammation but that's it as wont show nerves or any possible adhesions so if your paying for it I would hold off if not get it done for your own piece of mind
  • Posted

Hi donald

i can relate to the the nerve pain you are enduring unfortnately nerve blocks only last a few days it seems like   a nerve has been damaged during surgery or it could be scar tissue trapping the nerve  the recovery time for this type of op is 14 weeks it takes time for the inflamation to reduce internally hence the steriod meds

follow the docs advice dont lift anything heavy as you dont want to have a recurrent herniation . you need to explain to your employer about whats going on with your health and if they are decent employers they will under stand.

remember time heals all wounds? i wish you a good recovery to full health

Andrew

• Posted

Thank you my dr said just do normal things. I tried. This kind of life sucks. Ams I was a very active person. Was a jogger and ride bikes then this came along. I've ben at my present job 22. Years. The big company's don't care bout the little guys. I'm fl they can replace my job even under workers comp which is b. S. I got family to support. Had talk today with my manager. All he cared about is when I will be coming back to work. Talk about stress next dr visit June 9th
    • Posted

Crazy thing is I work for a big hospital corporation and the gen surgeon works for the same company

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.