Inositol helped my PCOS + TTC

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just wanted to share this with everyone, so hopefully it may be able to help! 

I have always had really bad symptoms. My least favorite, was how irregular my periods were. I could go months, almost a year once,  without one...so I'd have to go to the doctor and be put on birth control just to trigger a period. I hated it. Even more so when my husband and I decided we wanted to have a baby. 

We tried for almost 3 years. I was put on fertility drugs (Provera and Clomid) but all this did was mess with my emotions (I went CRAZY) and gain almost 30 pounds in two months! It was depressing and I thought I was hopeless. 

Well, I did more research. I lost the weight I had gained from the drugs and tried to be healthy and active. 

I also started taking inositol. 

Inositol is just a B vitamin. But I read a lot of good things about it from women who have PCOS. Google it with PCOS if you're curious. There's not a lot, but some info and feedback online. 

My first month taking it, I got my period. 

My second month taking it, I got pregnant with my son! smile 

I continued to take it through my first trimester. It's suppose to help your progesterone levels, and my doctor said it was okay, so I lowered my doseage but stopped when I got to my second trimester (once baby could produce and get his hormones from the placenta instead of me). 

I can't believe how quickly this helped regulate me and espeically get pregnant! I'd tried a lot of things in the past (diet, Vitex, Raspberry tea leaves, birth control, Clomid, etc.) and nothing worked right for me or my body. 

This vitamin of all things is what helped in almost every aspect of my PCOS. 

I don't know why it took me so long to find out about it, I wish I had sooner. I realize it won't be perfect for all women since we all are different, but I just wanted to share my story incase it can help someone else. 

It's worth researching and finding out if it's right for you though! 

Best of luck! smile 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, myo-inostiol has been a miracle for me. I suffer from pcos and had been ttc for 5 years with 6 miscarriages - it wasnt until i focused on my pcos and started making changes to improve my egg quality that i finally managed to conceive. I compleatly understand how you feel ttc month after month - it can totally wear you down. As a result of my experience i actually developed my own brand focused on pcos. You can read about my story here https://www.myovacare.com/pages/about . Congrats on your pregnancy! xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.