Insight/Answers to my injury

Posted , 4 users are following.

When I was in kindergarten, I was pushed by a friend on accident and fell bluntly on my knees onto asphalt. All I remember was that I couldn't get up and walk for about a week and I had a huge, deep scar. After that, I would experience this type of aching/stabbing pain deep in my patella with swelling and stiffness at times, in one knee if not both at a time. Most of the time, it would be triggered by my knees being exposed to the cold and simply walking barefoot on cold tile floor. Sometimes there was no trigger at all. I've used Bengay like no other and NSAIDs as needed (sometimes I would just sit through the pain). Today, I'm 23 years old and don't experience it that often, but I do get crackling/crunching noises whenever I straighten or bend my knees; sometimes accompanied with pain. There are times where my knee is feeling strained and seems like it wants to give out. Is it possible that I had developed some form of arthritis despite being a really young age when my injury occured?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would suggest seeing an orthopod ASAP. If it's worsened that much it will most likely continue to do so to some degree and could impact your ability to be mobile later in life. Artritis is only one of several things. A Dr. can determine the necessity of X Rays or mri and any possible treatment.
  • Posted

I have just written a long dialogue of what "could" have happened to your knee from a young age up to now (mine started when I was in single figures).  However, we are all different. The best thing I will say to you is see a doctor! get them to send you to a orthopaedic consultant.  We can all suppose, but that will not be any consolation to you and you will only end up confused, in pain and perhaps even angry at us for suggesting something, you believe it, and it ends up wrong! That would be irresponsible.  The quicker you see your doctor and get the right diagnosis the better and quicker you will heal.  Leave it too long and whatever is going on will worsen
  • Posted

Hi JV,

Incredible story.

I guess it could be arthritis, but recommend seeing a professional for expert input and advice.

Take care,

Alan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.