Insoles for shoes

Posted , 13 users are following.

Help! Got OA in both knee's. In pain constantly. Cannot find a comfy pair of shoes or trainers to wear. Read recently about molded insoles and wondered if anyone had tried them? I'm assuming that the way I walk throws out my natural alignment

and by the time I get home my knee's, ankles and feet kill me.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Janet I bought some memory foam sketchers from the outlet store, they are amazing...
  • Posted

Janet sketchers memory foam trainers amazing..
    • Posted

Thanks lyn already got them - sore feet with them too. I'm at my wit's end 

• Posted

I also have the memory foam sketchers n love them but my oestopath recommended insoles aswell. As my back is to curved. Havnt for them yet because od the price
  • Posted

Hi Janet, I am in Australia, so don't know how you would go in getting a pair of  orthotics. I got mine through my chiropodist. I did have to pay for them. They are fitted/designed just for my feet. I wear they every day. I know if I don't wear them I get lower back pain and sorer knees. So they must be doing me some good.My feet are quite large so I wear runners/trainers nearly every day.Hoping this helps. Cheers. Jules

• Posted

I'm going to make an appointment with a podiatrist to see what she says. I'm prepared to pay for the privilege. Spent so much on training shoes it'll be worth it. Would like to be able to walk more than 50 metres without having to stop until the pain subsides. Did you notice a difference with them straight away?

• Posted

It took me a little bit to 'get used' to them. At first my hips were a bit sore. Over time, many years now, I am used to them. Good luck. I hope they work for you and give you some relief. Nothing worse than being in pain. Especially where pain relief doesn't work.

• Posted

Thanks hun, the pain relief helps but the codeine in all my tablets sends me to sleep. Doc assured me it would pass after 2-3 weeks. Now 2 years down the line I can't take more than one at a time when at work or my colleagues start taking bets when spaced out Janet will appear lol. Think I'll be safer with orthotics.

• Posted

Hi Janet12653.  Where do you live?  Ther are tons of insoles out there from people that will make them to fit your issue. I am picking mine up next week.
  • Posted

Why not get your knees replaced then you will be pain free 
    • Posted

That might sound like a good decision.  In my case it isn't. I had one knee replaced 7 years ago. I have never had good bendage. I still have swelling, stiffness and pain. I have also had cellulitus and septic arthritis. Yes I nearly died. I am currently having stem cell treatment on my other knee. I am hoping that this will avoid having to have a replacement.

• Posted

Janet. 12653, certainly it is painful to walk, knees, feet, and back , hurts , but it hurts less when I wear orthotics in my shoes.

I wear a boiled wool slipper that conforms to my feet, and it is comfortable to wear indoors or out. The podiatrist made orthotics for me years ago and they were a bright cherry in color and made of hard plastic. The orthotics I wear currently are a softer material, , and I

my feet hurt less. I move them from shoe to shoe and insert them in my winter boots.

• Posted

Hi Janet , Yes, I bought foot logics on line to try out . They gave me instant relief , a bit odd on the first 2 days though  as everything was re-aligned  !  8 months on  , struggling with pain again  so off to doc on Monday  for advice . I just take over the counter Ibubprofen  and avoid the doc , but I need him now !  Hobbling in Fife !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.