Insomnia

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been on 2 x 37.5 now for nearly 2 weeks. Doctor is increasing to 2 x 150 on Tuesday. Someone please tell me the insomnia goes away!?!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chris I can sympathise with you I had no problems sleeping before taking this 3 weeks ago now I'm lucky if I get 4 hours a night. X
    • Posted

I know it's hard I'm thinking of going to chemist today to see if I can take nytol with them as I work 12hr shifts and I'm exhausted because I'm not getting enough sleep.X
    • Posted

I'm too depressed to go back to work. Nytol might help but can make u groggy in the morning. My psych gave me zoplicone but I feel like I'm getting dependant on them
  • Posted

Hi Chris

I have been on 225mg of venlafaxine for several months and the insomnia does pass. The only side effects I get are vivid dreams and feel a bit groggy in the morning. Hang in there it gets bettersmile

• Posted

Thank you Louise. My dose is getting pumped up to 150mg tommorow. I'd rather be on the extended release than the immediate release though
    • Posted

No bother. I'm on the extended release and take 150mg in the morning and 75 mg in the afternoon. I used to take it at night, but it made the insomnia worse. Hang in there x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.