Insomnia

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I just recently stopped taking Xanax to sleep bc I hate the way it makes me feel the next day. I've been so cloudy and out of it. I wasn't taking a lot but now that I'm not nothing else seems to help. I've tried Benedryl, trazadone, and honestly I hate taking meds to sleep. I stopped smoking pot which has made my anxiety worse but it used to help me sleep. Last night I slept for about an hour. The less sleep I get the worse I feel. But I'm just so frustrated and so tired just can't sleep! It's wearing me down sad anyone have problems with sleep.?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had problems with sleep to the point where I took pain medication that would put you to sleep. That was bad. Then I found out about zzzQuil and they helped too because it makes you feel better and refreshed in the morning. I also have Xanax and have taken it to sleep but I don't like the way it makes me feel the next day. My body feels like a giant noodle haha. I only take Xanax on the weekends when I know I'm able to sleep in. It can also be the anxiety that makes you stay awake. I hated my anxiety because when I woke up it would immediately start, I would get that fuzzy feeling in my stomach and it lasted all day. Try zzzQuil. It helps you sleep and not feel sluggish the next day
    • Posted

Thank you! Yea maybe I can take Xanax on the weekends. My anxiety usually is present in my chest when and if I wake up with it. But since I havnt had much sleep I'm definitely feelin the sleep deprivation. And I have to go to work in a few hours. Man this is all so frustrating. It's like I'm exhausted and tired, worn out, hVe no energy, but yet can't sleep. If it ain't one thing it's another. Foreal, and I know u know exactly what I mean since we have talked a lot over these last few weeks. How are u by the way?
    • Posted

I'm actually doing okay. Still have that breast paranoia but it no longer hurts. I have an ultrasound in 2 weeks so we'll see how that goes! I guess things do get better in time. What also helped was finally getting my birth control implant removed. I've seen a big difference in my anxiety. But it's still there and I get attacks still. Last night I had to take a Xanax. How are you?
    • Posted

Well good! Im sure you will be just fine! Honestly I sometimes get pains or sharpness in my chest or boob. So it's probably normal and we just over think it. I'm so so. I think the lexapro is helping with the anxiety but now I'm gettin off Xanax after a month and I think that has probably not helped me except for sleep. It makes me very clouded and feel so out of it. So I maybe withdrawaling from it even tho it wasn't a lot it was still every night. For 5 weeks and I was taking so little my doc said just to stop and take trazadone. But I don't want to take any of it. And I Didn't sleep last night so I'm feeling so out of it and now in at wrk trying to act as tho I'm ok. It's not been easy but I know I'm going to be ok just going to take time. Like you said and like everyone says but I'm ready now lol but we can always chat together if we need to calm each other down and know we aren't alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.