Insomnia

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I was just wondering if anyone else has suffered really bad with insomnia I mean literally to the point of not been able to sleep at all without pills it's not just been since I've been on sertraline it's been ever since I've been suffering with anxiety and depression which is roughly I average about 4 hours sleep with zolpidem and am up every morning between 3/4 and cannot get bk to sleep no matter what it would be nice to hear if anyone else is experiencing this as I am starting to get concerned thx Michelle xx

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Michelle I've been on sertraline for mths now and I'm the same don't get hardly any sleep and when I was on zopiclone I was only getting 4hrs but I'm always up by 4am drives me mad cause when u so tired anxiety is worse x
    • Posted

Hi Tracey how long have u been suffering with I insomnia is it just when u started sertraline or ever since uv been anxious and depressed? I've been suffering a year now and never seems to get any better it's also driving me mad it's horrible been up at 4 am when all u wanna do is sleep xx
    • Posted

I've been on sertraline for many yrs but my doc increased me to 150mgs 4 mths ago so my sleep was bearable b4 but in last few mths has been worse can't sleep then yawning all the time and hate laying there when rest of house snoring xx
    • Posted

Ye I'm exactly the same I lay in bed In The early hours and my partner and kids r snoring away and I feel so annoyed, I'm on 100mg lent to c my doc other day and they wanted to up my sertraline to 150mg for this reason xx
    • Posted

I know it's so frustrating when all u want to do is sleep plus the more tired I am the more anxious I am plus when u up any tablets takes some effects but 150mgs I do feel better on xx
    • Posted

So u do feel better on 150mg even with no sleep? I'm unsure what to do as I don't really feel depressed anymore it's more the physical symptoms of no sleep? xx
    • Posted

Well feel a bit better than b4 I'm on them for anxiety and panic attacks not depression but lack of sleep makes it harder for me some days with work cause I'm shaky xx
    • Posted

Ye in the same at work I do 12 hr shifts and I find it really hard now cos of the lack of sleep I also get very shaky and dizzy xx
    • Posted

I know that's me I'm exactly the same shaky and dizzy were do u work I'm in portsmourh xx
    • Posted

I don't sleep enough either, I did manage 5 1//2 hours last night tho, whoop whoop, I'm usually a person that loves sleep and always slept like a baby for a good 9 hours!! , I thought sertraline was meant to help you get the sleep back?, also I'm on 50mg 2 weeks now going in t o third week, my Dr may up the dose on Friday, will I have to go through all the side effects again?? Cos my anxiety increased and so did my depression, to point I felt suicidal!
    • Posted

I don't think it's the sertraline that has affected my sleep I've been like this since I started with anxiety and depression a year ago and I was the Same as u b4 loved my sleep and got about 9 hrs every nite never a problem, and Ye sorry to say but u usually do get the side effects bk every time u up ur dose unfortunately xx
    • Posted

Ye they probably will up ur dose aswell cos 50mg is just usually a starting dose to c how ur body reacts to it xx
    • Posted

Would you say you are back to normal? Apart from feeling tired a lot? Did you undergo any therapy to o, or just medication?
    • Posted

I would say I'm 80% bk to normal cause still got dizzy head all the time and slight anxiety but no havnt had any councilling x
    • Posted

Wow that's fantastic, your on 50mg arnt you? I've started loosing a bit of hope today?? I'm not as anxious just the mind going fast! But I guess that's the depression part? Which you dont have!

I'm so glad you feel much much better. Xx

• Posted

I'm on 150mgs hun not 50mgs I'm getting there slowly and u will too but I'm going to c about cutting to 100mgs cause I think that's why dizzy all the time to strong for me xx
    • Posted

Ah ok, I see! Probably is why, did you start on 50 though at beginning? And how long before you upped it?

Thank u xx

• Posted

Hi lattice,Tracey no I'm nowhere near bk to normal but I'm in a much better place than I was a year ago, I ave ad counselling but didn't help much as I didn't know what triggered me to be depressed and anxious so couldn't tell them I also see a psychiatrist which has helped slightly and am waiting for Cbt xx
    • Posted

Hi hun soz was at work I've been on 100mgs for 20 yrs since had a nervous breakdown but been on increased sertraline since 1st of Aug cause had a set bk but only started feeling a bit better about 4wks ago like I said still don't sleep well and fuzzy head xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.