Insomnia, Blank Mind, Wired - Advice would be lovely

Posted , 3 users are following.

About 7 months ago I started to have sleeping issues, doctors gave me Mitrazapine which only worked for a few days then added to the problems. Quit them after a night in A and E where I was told everything was normal. 

6 months on taking no tablets my syptoms are: 

Insomnia - went 5 days without ANY sleep recently, until the doctors gave me Temazepam 10 mg (which to me are too weak and only gave me a few) 

Currently on 3 days no sleep, not tired at all. 

Feel WIRED - too much energy, don't feel tired even after not sleeping for days (so much so i thought i was bi polar which has been ruled out 3 times).... thinking this might be Addrenaline I am feeling or something?

Sweating much more than normal 

Anxiety

Headaches 

Dilated Pupils 

Feel physically sick and look it sometimes

Blank Mind (Probably from all the anxiety) 

Worst of all.... HUGE penis shrinkage, not taking an inch or too, i am talking it's shrivelled no morning wood, ED etc, which makes me believe something hormonal. 

I've been tested for prolactin and thyroid both come within range although were a bit high at some points. Totally cluless and so are the doctors, what should i demand tests for? anyone had similar experiences? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi mate, try not to worry about sleep. if youre not tired try do something you enjoy like watch a film. your body will sleep when its ready to sleep. accept you just dont need that much sleep
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply, seems like it's effecting everything though. Seems like my body right now doesn't need sleep at all and has put my whole body out of wack

• Posted

You really need to look at your diet. Are you. Eating a lot of sugar or sugary drinks. Artificial colours preservatives. Processed food.

This all effects your body and your brain. Cutting out crap food would make such s difference if you are consuming them. Go to s health food shop and get test for food sensitivity. You will be so surprised how it effects you. And causes anxiety which I turn effects your functions and cause brain fog. Memory problem etc

Good look

• Posted

Thing is, I am very careful about my diet, I use a service called "Hello Fresh" which deliver natural fruit and veg. But I will get tested for sure. Day 4 now no sleep, no end in site

• Posted

Just incase anyone comes across this and has the same syptoms, 

Blank mind - Anxiety / DP

Pysically stuff including down below shrikage Testostrone (although i was checked for this before, until recently it actually showed up, get bloods done every few months, if you really think somethings up or as much as they let you!) 

Serum testosterone 17.7 (0.3-1.7 range) yes 10x normal

Free androgen index 36.1 (0.30-5.62range) 7x normal

Sleep, depite being rulled out for Bi Polar by 5 people, the doctors now think i am cyclothymia/hypermanic without dilusions or anything. 

Took a long time and a change of doctors to get these anwsers, don't give up, change doctors is my new rule, though this one i have now is a keeper. best doctor i've met

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.