Insperation

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello there i am 23 and have suffered with headaches for about 4 years have tried many drugs and many treatments! I have recently had a course of Botox after being diagnosed with hemecranier continua, I have been told today by my neroligist that I have to do back and try some more drugs with what I am taking now, I'm currently on indometacin,omeleazole, nortriptlyn and sertralyn.

Anyway I am really struggling with life at the moment and being able to cope with my headaches so he surgested I spoke to other people like me smile

Any help or advise or anything I would really appriciate!

Thank you

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kirsty i dont know whether this will help but my 13 year old grandson was diagnosed with Sporadic Hemiplegic Migraine and he was having an attack every day. He was put on 40MG Propanalol  twice a day and this only worked every so often he was still having attacks until i did my own research and i eventually decided to try something unusual and i reduced his Propanalol to 20MG twice a day and when he woke up in the morning i asked him to take vitamin B1-B2-B12 and last thing at night i asked him to take Calcium and Magnesium. So far he as not had an attack for 3 weeks now. It is still early days but he feels much better with lots more energy. I hope this helps and whatever you try i hope you feel much better soon
    • Posted

This probably sounds a little silly but you just get them from your local chemist? I shall definiatly give that a try as I am really running out of ideas! Thank you so much I hope your grandson is okay I cpuldnt imagion being that young and dealing with all that! Bless him!

Thank you x

• Posted

you might want to try acupuncture, it does seem to work on a lot of ppl.  It isnt painful and lots of times I have gone in with a migraine and nausea and walk out after a treatment with no headache and hungry! good luck    these headaches suck!
  • Posted

Hi Kirsty,

Has the Botox course come to an end, or wasnt it effective?  I am currently having Botox injections and I am due to have more, if they think its doing a good job.

I know life can be a struggle with headaches Kirsty and this is a good place to come for support as we all suffer with some form of headache.

I am taking Nortriptyline too and I find this quite useful to me.

you can also try pregabalin, which might be useful with your type of headaches.  I did some research on the headaches that you have and it seems they are similar to cluster headaches, the ones I get, in so much as they are one sided and can make your nose blocked.  When I get the pain I take a Sumatriptan injection, this wipes it out in about 10 minutes,

I have the Botox for Hemaplegic migraine, whcih basically mimics a stroke.

Send posts on here anytime you like Kirsty you wll get support,

You are not alone.

Take care

• Posted

They finished as didn't help much sad the nortriptlyn helps me sleep at nights smile yes very one sided always my left side sad

That sounds good even to be headache free for ten mins would be amazing! I'm going to research those options thank you! I go back to Drs end of the month so he can look at my meds again!

Can I ask a rude question but does it effect your day to day life?

Thank you

• Posted

Well I have 2 types of headache, cliuster headache, which I take the meds I told you about, which when I get I need to take an injection and lay down for w while, even when I am at work, they are very good about it.  I also get Hemaplegic Migraine, which when it strikes  I get admitted to hospital as it mimics a stroke!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.