Instant Fatigue when doing explosive exercise

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm male 26. I'm a boxer training 4 times a week and i've done so for many years. I'm in very good physical condition but around 8-10 months ago I started noticing I was getting tired and lacking energy during training.  This has got dramatically worse to the point that 2 minutes into my first round of pad work my muscles instantly fatigue and I have to stop. 20 seconds of rest and im back to normal, but it happens again and again. Its become so bad that I have to go down on one knee to recover and sometimes I feel dizzy. I can normally do 12 three minute rounds on pads with ease. I feel completely fine other than this. I can jog 5km no problem, I only seem to have the problem with explosive exercises. I've been to my GP but I dont think she knows whats wrong with me. I had blood tests which showed I had a virus but at that time I had flu for two week so I think that was more to to with that. Can anyone tell me whats wrong? 

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You should not over do your self. I work hard n long hours since coming to new York, n my disease flared. I was feeling tired and fatigue before this. Still in the hospital. Steroid was able to push down the disease. Your disease is you. If you feel tired, means ur not balanced, n your disease is not well controlled with the type of activity your doing. Need better management.
  • Posted

You are a fit person.

My advice to clear up any heart problems ask your GP for a angiogram OK he will try all other avenues. Angiogram is costly so what,  press them for it . It is your life that matters. This will take about 20/30 minutes totally painless. At the end of the results you well know the out come. Go for it you only live one.

• Posted

Hi Daniel, did you resolve your problem? I have the same issues - I'm in very good shape and i can run long distances easily, but as soon as I do explosive work (like sprinting at soccer or hockey), I get tired. I also sometimes get dizzy during these big efforts.

• Posted

I had no idea I had anything wrong with my heart so was shocked to have a major heart attack last Sept. One thing I look back at now and think about is how I was getting hit with dreadful overwhelming bouts of tiredness when I excerted myself at work. I know this may sound like a silly question but are you breathing normally thru your nose or thru your mouth? Since my heart attack I find I am breathing thru my nose which I havent done for years. I had a major operation a few hours before my heart attack and nothing showed up at the time that anything was wrong with my heart on any monitors. I was very lucky to have my heart attack in the hospital as I had a total blockage which was discovered when I was in the Cath lab and they inserted 3 stents. My recommendation is asking for a angiogram which is dye put thru your heart and any blockages detected.

​This is only my suggestion and I am new to having anything wrong in the heart department so on a learning curve. Good luck kind regards Kath 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.