Instant relief from svt

Posted , 2 users are following.

Go to your doctor or pharmacist and obtain a 20ml syringe. When you suffer an attack loosen the plunger in the syringe by moving it up and down the barrel several times. Put your lips to the spout at the end of the syringe and, blowing as hard as you can blow the plunger fully to the end of the barrel. If your eyes do not pop out you will find that your heart rate has returned to normal. When this treatment was first given to me in A&E I found it hard to believe. Now I use it successfully with every attack.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Thank you so much for sharing this. I think other people have referred to it, but no-one described it in detail.

We shall try it on my 8-year old grandchild, thank you very much Philip!

[b:6d643b4f4a]Any other suggestions by anyone?[/b:6d643b4f4a]

• Posted

I wonder if blowing up a baloon would do the same thing?
  • Posted

Astrid, I'm sorry to hear that your grandchild suffers from this condition at such a young age. I do not think that this method will be suitable as it requires a great deal of effort and will-power.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.