internal hemoroid surgery swelling after surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok going on 6 wks feel fine after hemmoroid surgery except still feel even after bm that I still need to go.  Dr said that would go away around 5-6 wks because there was still swelling internally.  But....lI hate this - it keeps me near a bathroom all the time because I feel like I have to go  

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

How long till external swelling was gone. I still feel like I have hemorrhoids cause of external swelling. I'm 17 days out

• Posted

Hi Sharon, I'm only 17 days out but I get it about the swelling.  Mine went down a tiny bit on day 14, but it's still there, and I have a rectocele which is making it even more pronounced in vagina with swelling.  I'm having a rectocele repair March 15, praying swelling goes down by then.  Are you taking ibuprofen?  it seems to help a lot with the swelling.

Hugs, Blossom

• Posted

Thanks....Yes I am taking ibyprophen but only 1 a day - maybe I will increase that.  I am on wk 6 today and was told swelling should be gone wk 5 or 6.  Horrible surgery aftereffects.  I would recommend to anyone Keep the hemmoroids.
    • Posted

Sharon, do you have any itching?  I have horrible itching on outside where I had skin tag removed and stitches are.  I assume you didn't have stitches?  I have one bump just on outside of anus that is itching and driving me crazy, praying it's not a hemmy coming back.  Hang in there Sis, I would take 3 ibuprofen at once, it's what I do and helps with swelling.  Make sure to eat well when taking them. 

Hugs, Blossom

• Posted

Oh yes - I had stitihes and was told that I would still be uncomfortable until stitches comes out which is about 6 wks....I am in 6th week now.  I started taking tumeric yesterday - we'll see.  Follow up is next week  - 

• Posted

I use Turmeric sprinkled on all the food I eat for the swelling. It's 7 days of hell since the op but I do find turmeric to be the best anti inflammatory ever and I prefer it to any drugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.