Irregular Periods - Blame Birth Control?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ok, so I've been off Birth Control pill for 6 months.  This is my period pattern since being off it:

25 days

35 days

42 days

37 days

Currently on CD41

Am I wise to blame birth control, especially as I was pretty regular before going on it having only two periods over 28 days - one was at day 33 and another at day 34. 

It's doing my head in quietly.  I know that it can usually take 3-6 months for you to get a period after stopping birth control, but how long can it take to regulate?  Is it anything up to a full year? If so, is that a full year of being off them completely or a full year to the day before you started taking them?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I should stipulate that me being currently on CD41 means that I'm waiting for this month's to show up still.

• Posted

It would be a full year after stopping the pull to regulate your hormones again. But that can differ depending on your age. How old are you currently?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.