Irritable Bowel Syndrome.?

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have had back pains, stomach pains, wind, heartburn, nausea when eating and after eating, depression, anxiety problems. not going to the toilet for a week and a half.

is this IBS?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

IBS effects everyone differently but Id say you are sounding more like a stomach and or duodenal ulcer with associated gastritis smile
  • Posted

i have Irritable Bowel Syndrome at the age of 16 the doctor said i have this because i have back ache and feel tired atfer so i scared that it is tht becaise i dont have a poor appetite, heart burn, bladder problems or even diarrhoea. i want to go back to the doctors because it is getting worst but i dont want the same doctor please help.! :?
  • Posted

You two should ask your GPs to be referred for a gastroscopy, [b:ecb7b1b33d]Guest[/b:ecb7b1b33d] you need a colonoscopy to see whats going on up there aswell smile
  • Posted

the doctor recently diagnosed me with IBS after doing a blood test to rule out other things colitous etc.. the doctor ive been seeing seems to have lost interest as nothing is really helping me that much i still have alot of wind and pains in my stoach that seem to move around my lower stomach feeels huge which has had me worried i may be pregnant even though i have not missed a period and done negative tests. i just know what do do anymore its been going on for around 5 months now.
  • Posted

Hi i to have irratable bowel, heartburn and nausea. I was put on omeperazole tablets to help with the acid and heartburn which did help for a good 5 years but the pain started to get worse so i came off of the tablets and its better than what it was. Also what i have found is my bowel spasms and so does my oesophagus at the same time and its the spasms that is causing the heartburn and pain, when i take buscapan for the spasms the pain in my oesophagus lessons. I also have endometriosis which i have not long had a hysterectomy for but i have found the irratable bowel is worse since i have had this done .
    • Posted

My IBS was worse post hysterectomy. My GP says it is affected by hormone levels And it has got significantly worse over the two years since my operation. I take HRT but am still working out which dose suits me better. I have been started on buscopan and amitriptylline which seem to help.
  • Posted

You should definitely talk to your doctor. One thing I would consider asking for would be blood tests to check for things such as gluten and lactose intolerance.

Also do your best to try stress less. Stress actually makes the stomach produce more acid which adds to your problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.