Irritable bowel syndrome

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have had gas burps ( purtrid smell) diarrhea and bloating.  Here was the diagnoses  I am sharing because since discovering the cause.  My sister - her two daughters - one grandchild -and two of mine have found they are sensitive (allergic) to chicken. As lono as they have removed this from their diet we have no symptoms.  I am allergic to turkey and duck.  If it has feathers I can't eat it   I mention this because of the years of tests and doctors not finding a cause.  Due to all the GMO and other things I can't tell you if free range chicken is different.  But it isn't worth it to try and find out. 

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Interesting I am allergic to hooves animal no beef no pork no lamb no goat had the same symptoms except also had hives food allergies are aweful
    • Posted

so you can't break down the red meat protein.  Can you have jello

do you have to be careful of gel caps.  My chicken allergy doesn't affect all chicken food.  Example.  If the chicken is processed to the point it is no longer resembles chicken such as chicken wieners it doesn't bother me.  If I eat too many eggs back to back I have to lay off them.   They are just premature chicken so I have to be careful

• Posted

My daughter in law has just reported the same problem - I told her not to get into a flap about it.
    • Posted

Hey girl read my post.  There is things I can't do because of the allergy. 

Drugs I have to be leery of    She has to watch frozen foods chicken fat is added as a flavoring.   

• Posted

I'm not doing too well with daughter in laws who struggle with food as both of them cannot eat different things.

This makes a family Christmas dinner an interesting and varied experience.

As for me, well I can and do eat anything and everything which is probably the reason why I am always overweight.

• Posted

Read what I responded to the other ladies.  We are in this search for a cure for us
    • Posted

If my daughter in laws are anything to go by they have not found a solution other that to watch very carefully what they eat.

Please let me know if you make any progress and I will let them know. 

• Posted

Girlfriend.  Let me tell you when you have chicken sickness your stomach always is a little off. I found myself eating trying to find that one thing that would give me that complete feeling.  Once I found out about chicken sickness I lost weight because I wasn't always being up satisfied 
    • Posted

Now listen my man, don't get 'shirty' because I just wanted to help my daughter in laws.
  • Posted

Thanks for putting it out there, it's amazing what can affect us.
  • Posted

Only 5 a 6 % of the population is allergic to fowl.  Because of that - it is not part of the regular allergy test. So people are poo pooed and made to think they need drugs and more tests.  It was a miracle that this was found. The test is very expensive and they act like it's too hard to test for.  I have even had doctors since say they have never heard of it.  Like even since I have been diagnosed it's must be wrong because they haven't seen it.   Folks - if you have been diagnosed with IBS that cure is much harder to live with then just shutting out chicken. So this is information that most won't mention.    Not good for the doctors - pharmacists-- or drug companies.  So don't just settle for IBS
  • Posted

Interesting.  I'm sure I'm not allergic to chicken as I don't have any problems if I eat  organic free range.  My digestive system reacts almost immediately to the more common store bought chickens.  I suspect the problem stems from the feed the chickens eat, medications they receive & the processing of them. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.