IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME & LACTOSE INTOLERANT

Posted , 5 users are following.

ADVISE NEEDED!!!!

So, I've been suffering from IBS-D for about a year now. I've suffered from tummy issues since birth. I also have acid reflux. I have changed my diet COMPLETELY and noticed improvement on the horrible IBS cramp flare ups. I do still suffer each day with still running to the bathroom. BUT!!!!!!!! Now... about 3 days ago, I hate too much dairy (which I usually don't, cause I noticed it irriated my IBS) well, huge mistake. Now, I'm in the rest room 6 times a day, lots of rumbling in the tummy, air trapped, burping, etc and I have this constant pain in the epigastric area. Which is the center of top of the stomach. Right under my ribs, where the stomach is located... smack dap centered! I know it's my stomach inflammed, it's gotta be. I just have this constant pain... since that dairy eating episode and it's been 3 days and nothing is better. I don't feel the pain when I'm laying down though. Only if I get up to move and walk around.. and when I eat it makes it feel better. But, at the same time, it irritates it and the pain sometimes comes back. SAME SPOT!!!!!!! So.. uh.. what is this???? Is this a lactose reaction Mixed with IBS?????? 

PLEASE SOMEONE SHARE THEIR MIND ABOUT THIS...

I'm looking into taking some probiotics and NO MORE DAIRY!!!! & continuing my IBS diet. I'm just trying to avoid a horrible uncalled for doctor bill. 

thanks for your time!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I meant ADVICE, haha, "advise advise".
  • Posted

I also suffer from IBS and being lactose intolerant and trust me it sucks trying to limit yourself to almost nothing. I have the same exact problem as you do with the pain in the top of my stomach mine only does that when I eat a lot of lactose. But I found if I use lactose free milk and eat yogurt it helps. Also eating makes it feel better as well. I take 2 probiotics daily and it has helped me with the trapped gas and stomach cramps. I wish there was a cure for IBS, its truly effected my life negatively. I work in a place I don't have a bathroom accessible at all times and that is not good for someone with IBS. I found that peanuts hurt me pretty bad too. And if you're very lactose intolerant stay away from poprocks they are completely lactose. Horrible. If you find anything that helps you please inform me. I'm tired of suffering too. sad

• Posted

Hi,

You need to go to a doctors to get a proper diagnosis and then hopefully he/she will refer you to a Dietician/Nutrionist, I am going to one at the end of Jan so hopefully she will be able to help me at long last. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.