irritation after uti

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is it possible to have discomfort after a bad uti for a few months. I have had minor discomfort off and on that gets worse when I eat spicy food or drink alcohol. I am guessing that since my infection was so bad, I just need to give it time to heal. My doctor mentioned a histamine reaction. Will that eventually go away?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like the infection might've started you off on Interstitial Cystitis (aka:  painful bladder). Spicy foods and alcohol (along with sugar, caffeine and even artificial sweeteners, to mention a few) can cause a flare.  Google the term to compare with your symptoms.

• Posted

The same thing happened to me. After 17 days of antibiotics over 25 days in December, there are certain days where I feel discomfort. It usually goes away for a few days. Someone recommended Quercetin which I'm going to try and see if that helps.

• Posted

I have frequent UTIs and find that it is helpful to keep to an alkanine diet and avoid acidic foods and drink. I limit my wine intake, as I find I suffer more discomfort and pain if I drink more than the occasional glass. Baking soda is a help for alkalizing the body. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in an 8-ounce glass of purified water and drink immediately. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.