Is a negative IGG at 12 weeks conclusive?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I just got my results back 12 weeks post exposure

HSV1: .15(decrease of .05 since last test 3 weeks prior)

HSV2: .07

Can i consider these results conclusive at this point? I have gotten negative IGG tests at 6 and a half weeks and 9 weeks as well. My HSV1 numbers have steadily decreased since my 6 and a half week test which was .26 and now is .15. at 12 weeks. Do these numbers mean anything? Should i be positive i don't have herpes? Thank you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What made you think you were exposed to herpes. I didn't know till I got it. I didn't even know there was a test for this.  I had one breakout and then nothing  for 25 years. It can hide for years. I glad your all right,cause it's not pleasant.

• Posted

I had red bumps on my penis so i googled it and herpes was what came up. i went to planned parenthood and said i thought i had it and the nurse looked at it and agreed. I got a culture done problably 3 days after they appeared and i also got a pcr swab done like 6 days after and they both came back negative. I had more then one doctor tell me i had it and was prescribed antivirals. The bumps went away and i got a red rash on my scrotum that didn't hurt or itch. My doctor said it was jock itch and i took one dose of diflucan and it improved. I never experienced pain from this or itching. The girl i was with also got a negative igg and shes negative. The only red flag i got was the positive IGM at 6.5 weeks. everything else has been negative with no real signs i have it.

• Posted

also she recently told me she had a yeast infection about 1-2 weeks before we had sex so it could've been that

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.