Is an IGG test conclusive at 12 weeks?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm looking to get my igg test done again at 12 weeks today and i want to be able to move on from this period of my life. My previous igg tests at 6 1/2 weeks and 9 weeks have been negative with the latter test not showing any increase in levels (not sure if the numbers really mean anything) I was visually diagnosed with genital herpes early on but i also got a culture and pcr done that were both negative. The only positive result i got was an IGM test at 6 1/2 weeks. I just want to know if i get my results back negative again (especially if the numbers stay the same) can i move on from this or should i get another test done at a later date? What are the percentages for accuracy at 12 weeks post-exposure? Thank you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

How can  a doc say you have herpes and than be negetive. That's strange. Did you have painful sores than I would say you do. I had a breakout and was told thats what I had and didn't have another breakout for 25 years,crazy right. Well in that span of 25 years I got married and had another child.  This years I had a couple breakouts I think because I'm getting older. I have upped my vit D to 2000iu and a womens vit to 3 aday and have been doing pretty good,and they do have valtrex which works really well also. It is what it i and you will deal if you have to. There are worst things that can happen

• Posted

I got another igg at 12 weeks negative also. I did have blisters but they weren't painful. Doctor said he was positive I had it by looking at it. At 12 weeks negative tho I think its safe to move on now and I don't think follow up tests are necessary

• Posted

Well they are very painful but carry on. If in years you ever get an outbreak then you'll know

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.