is anyone else experiancing outbreaks every 2 weeks?:(

Posted , 90 users are following.

Im new to this site! Im 25 years old I caught genital herpes 3 years ago and only ever had my first outbreak..then for the past 3 months ive had the constantly every 2 weeks.doctor gave my supressive therapy but still ive experianced an outbreak now..does anyone else feel so down when they have outbreaks?sad

6 likes, 110 replies

110 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey, I'm new too... diagnosed yesterday sad but thought I'd get straight on the research.

Obviously experience wise I can't really comment...but from what I've read (quite a lot!) everybody is completely different... the lucky ones don't even HAVE outbreaks, mine is horrific. But I think it's very much natural to feel down... I think just the fact this is labelled as an STD. We need to remember it's a skin condition! You wouldn't connect the same negativity to eczema or an allergic reaction.

I think the therapy can take time....AGAIN it's totally different person to person. But keep positive and good luck with it smile

• Posted

Hey Taylor, did the doctor discuss any of the potential causes for your outbreaks and how to reduce them? I've been having outbreaks every few weeks also and I'm just about to start suppressive therapy.

The doctor had mentioned a few potential reasons for me having outbreaks so regularly but I'm 100% certain sex is my trigger!

I read in my meds instruction leaflet to tell my doctor straight away if I get an outbreak whilst on my suppressive therapy - so maybe it's best if you go see your doc again?

xo

• Posted

Hi Taylor,I've been on suppressive meds now for the last 4 years on and off, was getting outbreaks constantly to start with,the meds stopped this but as soon as I was told to come off them or i forgot to take them I'd have another outbreak. I now only take them if I feel am gunna have a outbreak which seems to be working at the mo,but you can't always feel if a outbreak is coming which is poo! Luv dont worry everybody gets down when they have a outbreak,they've gotta do wouldnt be normal otherwise!Am new to this site too and it does seem like everybody's experience with this is different which is interesting cause u normally only get to talk about this with your doctor.

Keep strong Hun it does get easier to deal with.

• Posted

Hello everyone,

I'm 26 yrs. old and I was diagnosed with Herpes simplex 2 last year June 4, 2012 and I have also been on suppressive meds on and off since then. There is so much I want to say about having or getting an outbreak but all I know is that it is uncalled for. Many people say that "rough" sex can trigger outbreaks but it hasn't always been the case for me. I contracted Herpes soon after ending a seven year relationship with an amazing guy that I thought I loved but realized I didn't when I meet the guy who gave me this strange gift. When I found out I had Herpes, it didn't really matter to me because I contracted it from a person that I really really liked and thought was the one!.. for a good five months we had an amazing relationship(B/c I didn't know what he was hiding) and my outbreaks were extremely mild, by mild I mean that they would only last max. two days. they would happen either before or after my period. sometimes after rough sex I felt like I would get one but then would shower and dry up( my genital area) really good and I was fine. There was even times where I felt like I was going to get one but then I would have sex and it got better. Seriously!... I would even think to myself "I hope "this guy" doesn't end up with getting it, bc I thought he would get the outbreak instead of me... THEN, I found out that the guy who gave me this gift.. And I say gift bc he didn't ruin my life(It's a gift from life, a gift bc its something you learn so much from having it). Herpes DOESN'T ruin people' life. I hope you know that...Anyway, I found out that he had been having a long distance relationship with a girl who apparently knew everything abt his condition and didn't care, and he obviously never cared to have a serious relationship with me because he decided to stay with that girl that he never saw.. It was then when I realized that stress was the main factor that causes outbreaks. After I got completely heart broken, I felt like I was getting the worst outbreaks of my life. When, according to research the worst outbreaks should happen at the beginning.. The one I got when I was recently broken hearted was worst than my first one. no kidding!..well, know that I realized that I needed to stop talking to this guy who broke my heart although he was begging for me to stay with him AND ACCEPT THE FACT THAT HE HAD ANOTHER GIRL IN ANOTHER COUNTRY!! NO WAY! so I haven't spoken to him since AND IT'S OKAY!! bc he wasn't worth my time...since then I have traveled a lot and spent a lot of time outdoors(bc being at home would create stress) from being outdoors a lot(ex. lake, beach, canoeing.. all this meant was being out in the sun), I have realized that getting too much sun also causes outbreaks and these outbreaks to me lasted longer.. soooo there is really no say about how long, how often, or how critical outbreaks are, they vary from person to person and all I have to say is... do the BEST YOU CAN about being a happy person. If it means changing your life style, forgetting about people who made you happy at some point, or getting more involved in religion, volunteer work, your education, yoga, exercise.. What ever it is that helps you release stress and be a happier better person. DO IT!!

• Posted

Thanks for sharing such a positive attitude. I have trigeminal herpes. I am getting outbreaks every two weeks and it's very debilitating

• Posted

Thank you so much for this post. I once said that contracting geneital herpes became a way for me to weed through the bull pretty much. I have become so much more aware when dating because I have to share with my partner that I have herpes. At first I was depressed about it and even a former friend told me that I should join a support group. But I was too sad to listen. I started having outbreaks every two weeks and my friend suggested that I reasearch why. After coming accross this forum and reading these posts I feel that this is a way to make sure you live a stress free life. My outbreaks come most frequently when I am stressed. So if I get them back to back I just think about what could be stressing me and then I am releaved. Thank you for this post!

• Posted

Hi, i been now 8 months oral herpes , and its been a life changer. First 6 months the depression was so bad .

I take anti viral now 800mg every day

Accirlovir.

• Posted

Hello, My doctor prescribed me with FAMVIR 250mg tablets, within 5 days of taking them the outbreak is fully gone, the doctor said you can take one a day to stop an outbreak occurring as well It has helped me
    • Posted

Hey nelly i have not had any treatment from a doctor sense i was diagnosed 4 years ago at first I

Never had outbreaks but now there coming every two weeks I'm like ashamed to tell my doctor 

• Posted

Hey ob

Symptoms seem to effect everyone differently, I had continuous outbreaks in the year I was diagnosed now i don't get outbreaks, I have started vitamins to boost the immune system maybe this might be an idea after all it's our immune system that fights our outbreaks and keeps them away. 

Don't be scared going to the doctor, remember its confidential and what ever you discuss won't go any further 

• Posted

I take valtrex everyday and I'm still having outbreaks! Why is this happening? Idk but stay strong
    • Posted

I am in the same boat I take 1 gm valtex daily and still have at least one OB every month, it is very frustrating. 
    • Posted

I am taking same stuff now for four months and i still have break outs bad and like every two weeks and some more.

I am sick and tired of the breakouts .

• Posted

Hi trucker1, did you find out what was causing your outbreaks? I'm getting them everyday on suppressive therapy, I don't know what to do anymore sad

• Posted

Hey  jenni I have been experiencing outbreaks for the past year every three months now I'm experiencing it every two weeks. I take vitamins on a daily basis, exercise daily and sleep. I know I straw myself out occasionally but this is getting ridculous. How am I suppose to have a relationship with someone if I am breaking out all the time. I did suppressive therapy for years and quit awhile ago. Not sure that that really helps. I just don't know what to do anymore to not get break outs. Please someone give me advise. Thanks

• Posted

That’s what my doctor prescribed me too . So far has it really be working for you ? 
    • Posted

Hi Nelly, i recently saw your post and wanted to know if you could share the vitamins that you use to boost your immune system? I have taken Lysine before but don't think it did much. 

• Posted

Hi, lysene dont work with out clean diet. Not sure if it helps..

Valtrex is expensive but combined with good diet, and black seed capsules works good ..but long run becomes too expensive is only the problem.

Hope that helps

• Posted

Plenty water. Zinc. Vitamin c. Vitamin b complex. Combined with aciclovir 400mg twice a day will. Heal the blister in 3 to 4 days

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.