is anyone getting any useful help from MHTeam?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I really want to know if anyone has got anything useful in way of help advise and manly treatment for the Mental health care team in Harrow Middlesex. What do you think of the help you get when you ring crisis line?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

BJ

The whole situation regarding mental health teams throughout the UK are not in a good place. The amount or type are also at different  levels and can be dependent on who you get as a CPN. The Staff have there own feelings, concerns and worries. Also some of the associated CPNs may not get on with you and your complaint, you could find your CPN lacking in understanding Your Needs. So it can boil down to attitude, we are all different.

When it comes down to the Crisis Team, they decide how your Crisis is affecting you and discuss ways forward for your needs. Our Crisis Team in the North seems responsive and understanding, again it all depends on your attitude towards them and how quick they can pass you down the line for a treatment Plan. You will most probably never see the Crisis Team, as your condition may not warrant this as a pathway. 

We are always around if needed

• Posted

Hi BJ,

I'm not in Harrow (but I'm not far away from you). I have been referred to the local Crisis Team twice in my life and on the whole I would say that they helped me when I really needed it. As with many things in life, the service you receive may depend upon the person you have contact with on any given day. My worst experience was to be told by a member of the Crisis team that as a white male I didn't fit the worst at risk demographic of the population in immediate need in my area. It made me feel a bit like a statistic and I was in the wrong group! I did get over that experience although I'm still battling the depression. The service is very over-stretched but I'm sorry if you are not receiving the support that you feel you need. Have you been able to tell them how you feel? Is there something that you feel they could be doing differently to meet your immediate health needs? Keep in touch. You are not alone. Take care.

• Posted

Hi, thanks I have got a good CPN he trys his best but it is just they just can not understand my condition. The is no one in trust that has worked with my condition. So been weighting over a year for commissioners to see if there is somewhere else they can get help but they are not forth coming, I just found out they have not been onist with my surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.