Is anyone out there on Modulen instead of food?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all

i have just joined the forum and would like to share where I am at briefly.  I have had IBS-D for 4 years after many tests coming back normal, I was told that I have rapid transit, which rushes any food I eat through the small intestine very quickly without absorbing nutrients effectively. I have been on predigested Modulen over the last couple of years on and off. Now my condition as worsened and it seems that I can only manage picking at foods on occasions, which still make me ill and give me severe IBS symptoms.  Is anyone else going through this?  I have had to give up my job which was pressurised and stressful at the end of last year, but my system has not reset itself.  Is there any light at the end of tunnel?  I have very little energy, and can only manage small amounts of the nutridrinks and they make me feel ill.  I would welcome to hear anyone elses experiences, and what they are doing.  My concentration etc is minimal and can only potter at home if lucky, as due to poor posture due to condition being severe, I have developed spinal problems so cannot walk very far.  I look forward to hearing how other people are dealing with this disabling condition.  Have a lovely day all

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi friend, has your Dr ever ordered a blood test for Coeliac Disease bc you have classic symptoms of this very elusive condition. There are over 300 symptoms, autoimmune diseases are very hard to diagnose. I suffered for over 35 yrs with over 50 symptoms & your story brought back very unpleasant memories!

• Posted

Hi gale

Many thanks for your reply. Yes I have been tested twice each time normal. Stramge because I yhought the same as you. Problem I have is eating amy food in general. Thanks again

• Posted

Did you push for an endoscopy that includes duodenum biopsies? That is when they caught it in me. I've heard many people say that the blood test is very inaccurate at times. Also some make the mistake of eliminating gluten before they go. It's the opposite... They should load up on gluten for at least a week prior. 

Also, when they ordered the endoscopy, I had gotten so sick that everything I ate hurt. Even applesauce! I couldn't even stand upright bc of the pain. Check it out my friend. The Drs aren't good at diagnosing this one... It's a very elusive beast & they receive nothing as far as incentive goes when there's nothing to prescribe. You have to be proactive.

live long my friend & prosper.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.