Is dermovate with neomycin and nystatin ok for LS?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all! I was wondering someone could help me telling if this is ok to use for LS. I was recently diagnosed like three months ago but had not applied any treatment because I have an appointment with Andrew Goldstein in 9 days, was afraid of using steroids because I had no white areas or tears, my skin was onle really red and kind of purple. I live in Ecuador so I couldnt take my risks since maybe the diagnosis was wrong (because doctors in my country no absolutely nothing) so wanted to wait to check with Goldstein. Funny that last week my skin began to turned kind of white in the vestibular area and right at the entrance of the vagina I have a split, this has literally happended in two days because I have constantly been checking my vg and waiting for the appointment like crazy hahaha 

Anyway I am scared that if that happened in two days what could happen in 9 =(.. I am buying dermovate with neomycin and nystatin, because I read that clobetasol shouldnt be applied in a tear skin without antibacterial agents, I know that clobetasol is ok when your skin is really thick but that is not my case so I am confused =S (but I must definetely have LSE or this wouldnt have happened haha)

Please somebody enlighten me =) thank you so much!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

For now you could use coconut oil for moisturizing and is also anti bacterial and anti fungal.  Next to that take baking soda baths and rinses (1/3 cup in bath) (three pinches in a spray bottle after each bathroom visit)  Glob is okay to use in very small quantity.  Very thin layer. 

Hope this helps you on your way.

• Posted

Thank you so much for this info.. I found clobetasol in my country but without the antibacterial agents so I am goint to use the coconut oil and the baking soda bath to avoid any infection.

Thanks a lot! Take care smile

• Posted

Carolina, just use the Dermovate daily after a soak and use coconut oil later, not right away. Of course you can use the prescription when there's a tear – what good would it be if we couldn't use it when we're flared up? I suspect you've flared up because you're so excited about seeing Dr. G. That's exactly what would happen to me. Looking forward to hearing about your appointments with him. Chill, if you can.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your comments smile i used the clob on the tear and in it closed and nothing bad happened so I am glad. And yes I am really excited to finally be treated by someone that knows about this condition, specially after seeing like 10 doctors in my country over the past three years.. I know that every single case is different but I will let you know what Dr. Goldstein says, I am sure he would me give valuable information about our condition.

Take care !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.