is it a stone ? or something else ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I woke up one day with back pain that was nothing i experienced I thought at first it maybe a pulled muscle or something but i knew it wasent after i used all relieving creams and muscle relaxants and pain killers. suddenly the pain started radiating upwards so it came to my mind that its a kidney thing, I went to a GP and got a urine test done it came back and I had a UTI and there was blood in my urine I took an antibiotic for 5 days and had another urine test, the Dr. said that the infection has cleared but there was still blood I got really worried so he sent me to have an Ultrasound and the radiologist said that i had no stones, I just went back home and still living with the same pain and its becoming worst by day, its been a week now and I'm feeling nauseated i have loss of apetite and abdominal gases, btw im 23 years old. Should i go back and get a CT ? its gonna be a great deal of money .. im confused. I've been taking parsley water and some other herbs but nothing helped ... and the pain is nothing but more intense.  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Not sure how well I can advise here but one of the things that made me realise that my pain was due to a kidney stone is that the pain was more to one side of my abdomen than the other i.e. the left kidney was the problem. Is your pain more on one side? I accept that this is not highly accurate diagnosing but it may help you to describe to your doctor exactly where the pain is.

Do you take painkillers and do they prove effective?

If it's a kidney stone, my experience is that they try to get the patient to pass the stone without other intervention but with the aid of painkillers. You may need something more heavy duty than paracetamol or ibuprofen. I found that diclafenac was good.

Blood in the urine is a sign of a kidney stone / infection. Have your antibiotics now all been taken? If it is a stone and the stone is still there then it can continue to give you problems so it needs to be found or eliminated from the cause of your pain.

If you have been told that there's no stone there but you are still getting worsening pain a week later then you will need to see your doctor again.

Let us know how you get on.

• Posted

Thank you very much for your reply 

yes my pain is on the right side only and it comes and goes like someone is pricking me with a knife i've been like this for weeks now hoping maybe it'll pass alone 

• Posted

OK, well keep drinking lots of water to help it along but if it stays around and you can't stand the pain, then you'll need more help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.