Is it Anxiety?? Confused and scared.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm Luna and I'm new to this site, I've had anxiety disorder for about a year now and it's changed my life completely, panic attacks are awful, depersonalization all of it. When I try to go to anyone about it they're confused and concerned or just think I'm crazy. I've been to the EF countless times heart palpitations feeling of not breathing, I've even recently experienced sleep paralysis. Now recently today I got a weird random feeling that I wasn't going to make it to next week and see my friends and family. I'm a college student waiting to go home on break and it feels as though I'm not going to see them, that I'll die before I do. I'm not sure if It's a genuine feeling and I should be worried, or if it's just my anxiety again. I've had times where I've felt like I wasn't going to wake up the next morning. But this is different, this is associated with me leaving where I currently am, and seeing my friends and family, I really don't want to die. Someone please help or explain. I'm so confused and scared. rolleyes

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Things will get better for you but the bad news is that you're just begining this long hard road towards recovery. You need to seek help from a professional / counselor and from your family. Comfort and a way to just vent and talk about all of this will go a long way.

Again... you will get better over time and the good days will happen much more often then the bad days but you NEED to stay as positive as possible. This is a mental trick your mind is playing on you. The anxiety has driven your brain into overdrive and your brain simply can't handle whats going on and its causing you to think irrationally.

Please friend, keep your head up. You need to keep pushing forward. This is one of the hardest tests of willpower a person can go though but again keep in mind that you will get better but you'll need to prepare yourself for the fact that this will NOT be over quickly and will last a while. You are strong enough to get though this...even if you may not think so at this moment.

• Posted

Thanks so much, Im so glad i joined this forum, As no one around me quite understands how difficult it is. 
  • Posted

Hi Luna,

It's Anxiety. stay postive. Read books. Help for your nerves is a good book by Dr Clair Weeks it's the first book I read and help me understand this and my mind and what was happening. It will get better but you have to fight it's a mental game. You need to think postive tell yourself you are ok and breath stay busy no matter how bad you feel u need to continue your day and fight thru it. You will start to have good days once you figure it out and learn techniques. I pray a lot and it helps me??

• Posted

I try to pray at times as well, and it tends to help too, if you have any other advice that would be appreciated, Thanks so much for the help and support <3

• Posted

Luna yes it is anxiety. You already know it is. But nothing anyone says will necessarily make you rest your head now...so

The hard cold truth though is that noone knows whether they will wake up the next morning, make it home next week or anything at all. You have no control over this and nothing you do or worry about will change this. Nobody is too comfortable with the idea of dying, and anxios people are terrified of not being in control. It will take you a while to get to that stage where you only tackle things you can influence and let things beyond you be what they may.

For now, though, today you are here, you are more than likely to make it home next week and you are young enough to have a hope of totally beating your anxiety. My advice is to take control by going into therapy if you are not already doing something about it. It is actually possible to come to terms with uncertainties in life. It takes time, it is a process but you come out of it much better off. Medication, psychotherapy or ideally combo of both, will help you get to a better place a lot faster than trying to 'brave it' on your own. Please take control of that. You will feel so much better. xx

• Posted

Thank you so much! Its nice to know that theres other people that know what its like. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.