Is it cushing syndrome??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok hello guys, im a 19 year old in desperation because no one takes me seriously.. im a fitness enthusiast ( specifically bodybuilding) , and somehow since some months Ago it seems impossible to lose weight like i always did.. i even lost 20 kg 5 years ago Just by portion control, now with a diet, daily weight training and cardio it seems impossible to lose 1 single pound!!

In Those months, i experienced massive cravings and found myself binging much times.

Another Thing i noticed is that some months Ago my ankles Started swelling as the day goes by. I wake up somewhat ok and then it becomes bigger and bigger... awful!

I notice i have a fat face now , but with +10kg , why wouldnt?

I feel my sleep paterns are ackward, and it might be due to some kind of depressive behavior..

I gained much fat in my hips and abdominal, as Will as legs and face, my pants are almost going to the wardrobe...

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi .  You do not say whether you take steroids in your body building?  Cushings often means that no matter how much you diet everything you eat goes straight to fat.  The moon face is common although I myself did not get it.  You may have stretch marks and a lump on the back of your neck.  Please go to see your GP but do remember that because us Cushy's are so rare your Gp may never have had a case and may take some persuading to do the relevant tests.  We on here can only advise not diagnose but if you do have Cushings we can give you support.  Do try your GP.  Good luck.

• Posted

Hey Vicky, i didnt ever took steroids. I got blood panels and everything was "okay". Did thyyroid panel and everything was normal too . Now im waiting for the cortisol one, which will tell me if i have it ir not.. my worst fear is to not be diagnosed, or misdiagnosed, because i know i have something, my body is not normal, i know myself very well. I honestly dont know what to do next if this cortisol exam doesnt give answers. Im afraid i will get to my next doctor appointment and just be told to eat less and exercise more... i swear i Will punch the doctor

• Posted

As I said your Gp may not be familiar with Cushings.  It took 2 years before I was diagnosed.  You can ask for a second opinion but hopefully the Cortisol test will tell you one way or the other.  You may still have to do more tests.  Don't give up, ne patient.

• Posted

Thanks vicky, it was the endo itself who pointed to " cushing syndrome??"

• Posted

I echo what Vicky said. It took 16 years and many doctors to receive a diagnosis, and I just had transsphenoidal surgery this past February to remove my pituitary tumor. I am now in recovery. Going through all of the tests to determine your cortisol levels is a good starting point. From there, if your levels are elevated, be relentless with your doctors and don't allow them to dismiss you. That happens too often and can delay your diagnosis and treatment significantly.

• Posted

Hey again. So i have News. Yesterday my blood work number 17237262267271712 came and on "free cortisol " from the 24h urine test, i got a 240/24h while normal values are between 10-100 according to my lab. The doctor on the lab, was só incredible yesterday, and after hearing my complaints manages to get me a full thyroid blood test without prescription and thyroid is fine , so it must be cortisol right??

She gave me an explanation that, due to my large urine volume (4,2 L , because i drink a ton of water) my cortisol was much higher, but that doesnt make much sense, dose it? Its water, what diference could it make?? My logic is that, if i had drink less water on that day, the cortisol would be the same but more concentrated as there would be less urine to flush it out, right???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.