Is it fibromyalgia ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

HI 

My doc says I have fibromyalgia but I am not so sure. Here are my symptoms.

1. I had a heart attack and a single stent was placed. (October 2014)

2. Jan 2015 I started feeling fatigued and pinching pain all over my body?

3. March 2015 fatigue and pain reached a stage where I wasnt able to walk even 100 meters.

4. April my doc suggested me to stop rosuvastatin 5 mg and things dramatically improved. I still was not able to exersise but i was able to work and lead a normal life.

5. Whenever I tried to run or walk fast or in any way exserted myself the pain and fatigue came back and stayed for a day or 2. 

6. I saw several doctors 

Cardiologist : did several tests and everything is normal with heart ejection fraction 58%

Gasgtrologist: Normal endoscopy

Vitamin D: 19 ( started suppliments but havent helped)

Calcium: Normal

Magnesium: Normal

Electrolytes: Normal

TSH : Normal

Neurologist says I have fibromyalgia

Current symptoms after walking even 200 meters

1. Severe pain on side of my stomach  and back (seems like kidneys) but normal creatinine, CT scan and ultrasound

2. This pain then moves to large muscles (triceps, thighs, sheens, etc) eventually small joints start hurting

I can recover from this condition if i take complete bedrest for atleast 24 hrs. But it comes back even if i do little activity. 

I have reached a stage where i am not able to go to office and do my job. 

Is this fibromyalgia? if yes is there a cure or will i have to forget about my career and all? 

will this get worse?

Please respond i am losing my Mind

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

SADLY there is NO Cure yet Nilhil...for Fibro.   

Fibro can be triggered by any cause..  NO rhyme or reason.  There are many various symptoms, aches, pains, burning, stabbing, zapping, cramping and fatigue, balance and dizziness, Swelling and bloating issues... A WHOLE raft of symptoms and issues...

Life for a Fibromyalgia sufferer, 'is like a Box of Chocolates'...

Take care, take it easy and just be kind to yourself...

• Posted

well at this rate i will be a vegitable in few months
  • Posted

Hi niki like you I had a heart attack in may 2004 and also had a stent put in , I was diagnosed with fibro last year after lots of tests but the mostly came back normal some of your symptoms sounds like fibro but I'm no doctor their is no cure for fibro just getting the pain meds right .many people can work even thou they have fibro but many can't and have to give work up altogether , but then my legs started giving and other weird symptoms and a week ago I was diagnosed with MS as well as fibro so things not looking good for me but if it is fibro then sorry hun no cure love and best wishes cherl XXX

• Posted

Hi,

Is rosuvastatin a statin? Alot of people have bad symptoms with statins, taking coq10 is reported to help with side effects if you are on any other statin, how long have you been off the med? Perhaps coq10 might help anyway if its lingering symptoms.

It could still be a problem with your heart, even if cardiologist says all is ok perhaps there has been some lasting damage that is not high enough on a scale for them to register. If blood is not quite getting to the muscles quick enough or oxygenated enough then perhaps that is why fatigue and pain sets in?

Have you been tested for iron and folate aswell as b vits?

Are you on any blood thinning meds, they can cause side effects also.

It may also be fibromyalgia and everyones fibro is different however the fact that you have had a heart attack i would have thought it is related.

There is no cure for fibro but there are management strategies and some people do well, some others dont. I think it depends on the care you recieve from Dr's and those around you and any other underlying diseases being treated correctly.

In my opinion fibro is a symptom of something bigger that is not getting diagnosed. Drs arent doing enough to figure that out hence saying we have fibromyalgia which actually just means "muscle and connective tissue pain". Its like going to the dr with a broken leg and them giving you a diagnosis of leg pain!

• Posted

It sounds to me nikhil99970 that it is fabromyalgia, and I don't say that lightly. My l'life' is all about what's next? Because of the vast range of symptoms. It is a very underrated condition that it infuriates me. I can't work now, I used to love to excercise now, if I even try to walk to the bus stop I'm exhausted. I'm so sorry for you. However, you will learn to cope.
  • Posted

HI Everyone,

Wanted to update this thread. Finally it seems there is some breakthrough in diagnosis. I tested for cortisol and my morning cortisol levels are 33. I am soon going to meet endocrinologist will keep this thread updated. 

Thanks for responding to me. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.