Is it or isn't it?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I know I should just be patient and await my MRI at the end of September, but I can't stop worrying or rather obsessing more like on whether the pain I'm experiencing is another fibro pain or something else.

I have, for about 3 weeks, been in awful pain radiating from my neck down through the back of my upper arm, top of my shoulder and shoulder blade. I've hardly been able to move my arm and the pins and needles I normally get are really exagerated. I've never had this before and I've had Fibro for about 20yrs. It is the worst pain I've felt. It's only on one side, not radiating at all centrally or to the right side.I know many people with Fibro suffer from neck pain, but has anyone had this?

My GP is convinced it's Cervical Radiculopathy caused by a trapped nerve, but I'm stressing about the fact that it will be yet another unseen Fibromyalgia symptom. It's so frustrating when you're in this degree of pain and then be told, no there's nothing to see, so it must be Fibromyalgia.

The pain has been intense for the full 3 weeks, without letting up and it was preceded by a month of moderate pain in the back of my arm. So if anyone's had anything similar I'd love to know.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would go straight to the hospital and insist that they take an X-ray or any other necessary test to see if it could be something else just to put my mind at ease. It does not sound like an normal FM symptom to me. Just my opinion. I would cover all my bases first. Maggie x
    • Posted

Thanks. I have an MRI booked at the end of September which will be much more precise than an x ray. i'm happy that should my symptoms worsen, i can present myself at A&E for review.

I'll also be getting the results of some blood tests I had last week, tomorrow, so that will tell me if there's any inflammation going on.

• Posted

No, I have had fibromyalgia for at least that long and never experienced that. Mat I ask which arm? If it's your left side, did you have an EKG to rule out cardiovascular problems?

• Posted

Hi. It is my left and I can see why you are suggesting that but I have no cardiac history, no crushing pain no respiratory problems. I was a nurse/midwife and would be very much aware of it being cardiac related. No this is definitely nerve type pain seering and burning. I know some fibro sufferers do have burning type pains so I'll see if anyone else can shed some light on it. Thanks for your input.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.