Is it possible for the sores to multiply?

Posted , 5 users are following.

It has been 5 days since my firs outbreak started and I went on an antiviral just yesterday. Since Monday the sores on my genital area have multiplied. Is this a normal thing to happen when going through a first outbreak? 

I am in so much pain and am struggling to cope with the whole process. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Same here

Multiplied since Friday for me a lot and body got worse and more tired

Bathing with teatree and applying coconut oil and ttree is a confort

And am sorry ur going through it! Worst pain I have had

Be kind andnuture ur self x

• Posted

It's very possible .

Whenever I got my first outbreak I had sooooo many bumps.

You just need to keep it clean as best you can and if you do wash your hands .

It will all get better in due time .

• Posted

Yes, that can happen. Sometimes, there's a second crop of lesions after a week. That only happens with first outbreaks, fyi.

• Posted

I recently went through my first outbreak this oast week.. And I was broke out pretty badly.. And it hurt so bad.. But treatment does help it'll be better, or should be, in just a few days! 5 days ans my blisters are gone! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.