is it possible to get fibroids at a young age ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm 23 years old I'm having this pressure pain in my abdomen and period like cramps when it's not my period time and my periods are now heavier than usual 

can it possibly be fibroids

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

There is a possibility that at a young age you get a fibroid. All the child bearing years of your life,  you are vulnerable to fibroids. Your pain and heavy periods can be because of fibroids and it can be because of any other reason also. There are many reasons for heavy periods and cramps. Try to have an ultra sound done to make sure what is it exactly so that you can see what treatment you need and what is best for you. 

I hope you get back with an ultra sound report soon. confused

• Posted

Hi Marie

It could very well be fibroids as they can occur in younger women too. In all honesty it can be anything as there are many gynea problems that can exist. The best thing would be, is to go see your doctor and be referred for a scan. I had an ultrasound and only 1 large fibroid showed up. But when I had the MRI scan, it showed a total of 7. One large and others smaller.

The key is that if it is fibroids, better to get them treated now as there is the risk that they will just keep growing like mine did and they can cause a lot of issues if they grow, all the best, try not to worry but be proactive you are still very young so better to nip this in the bud right now .

Xx

• Posted

It's very possible dear I started having mine at 25 but I never got checked . Go and have a scan
  • Posted

Hi, my daughter has a sub mucosal fibroid. Diagnosed when she was 16. She has always had horrendous periods. Tried pill and mirena. A few months ago aged 19 she bounced in and out of hospital, had 3 pints of blood transfused and was just terribly low and very unwell. She is currently on Zoladex and will have an open myomectomy next month.
    • Posted

Hi Hev

I am so sorry for your daughter. I wish she gets out of myo well and fine. It would be good if you try natural remedies with her to save her from more fibroids in future.

Best of luck for her. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.