Is it possible to stay a mild cases or not

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've just found out that my daughter has hs at the moment it is very mild but can anyone tell me if it is possible to remain so as I've read so many different appinions

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi I've only recently been diagnosed. I'm sorry u haven't had any replies I hope others comment for u.i would try and get your doctor to test for food allergies as lots of people change their diets and that seems to really help. I'm going to try gluten free and see if that helps. Good luck in helping your daughter how old is she?

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply she's 20 and only found out about a month ago that she has hs . But she said that if she as dairy it definitely gets worse so she's utility it out.and is trying to eat healthy she said it's got a lot better. At the moment it's very mild so I'm praying email can keep it hat way .

• Posted

Excuse the dreadful spelling mistakes.
    • Posted

That's ok. I'm still learning about my triggers but used to easy no added sugar muesli then realised that was a huge trigger. I hope others will help u on here

• Posted

Hi I am stage 1-2 and I have managed to push it in to remission for about 8 months now.  She needs to find out what is causing it, and then focus on that. For some people it is food and others it is hormones (although they are all related.) For me I am focusing cutting down my carbs as mine is insuline resisance related ( destressing, excercise, and good sleep are also important). Others find that foods e.g. the nightshades are the cause and elimination of these foods helps.  Vitamin D has also been found to be useful.  Your daughter might also findthe following useful  http://www.eblue.org/article/S0190-9622(15)01990-8/abstract  and https://www.vitamindcouncil.org/vitamin-d-news/vitamin-d-supplementation-may-improve-rare-skin-condition/> 

• Posted

Thank you for your reply.I'm pleased your in remission have you been on any antibiotics while achieving this ? I hope this continues or you .

• Posted

I have a draw fill of antibiotics, but most people seem to suggest that they only work for a couple of years before they are not effective. It is my understanding that they are largely prescribed for their anti inflamatory properties and not for their anti biotic properties. If i feel a flare coming on I use curcumin first which is a pretty good anti inflamatory in the early stages. I have held off on using the antibiotics ( and NSAIDS)  unless I need them, hopefully they will always be of use to me that way. 
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. Yes it does seem to be very different for everyone a lady the other said she had been in remission for 3 years by just taking turmeric and no night shades .
  • Posted

I had a flare-up just last week.  I decided to cut out sugar and starch to lose weight, and it started going away by itself before I started taking the doxycycline.
  • Posted

My last major flare-up came after I was cleaning and had a major allergy attack--sneezed for hours.  The next day--came back under the arms.
    • Posted

Gosh how strange have you had this for long ? Have you achieved remission your self .I wish you well.
    • Posted

Only in this calendar year.  Got exposed to MRSA and things went wild.  My case is very mild such that my dermatologist goes back and forth on whether he really thinks it is HS.
  • Posted

If your daughter has already noticed that the symptoms inprove when she cuts down on dairy I think there's a good chance she can get a lot of control over it. I too have discovered a link between dairy and my symptoms, and if I am really strict with my diet I have hardly any symptoms.

?It's important to take control of this condition before it gets too strong a grip.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply it helps to hear positive things that's for sure! I'm glad to hear that you seem to have it under control. I hope you keep well

• Posted

You are most welcome. It's a horrible condition, not only is it painful it is also unsightly, and it can make a person feel very isolated. It's not exactly something one can talk about! It's compounded by the lack of expertise and frankly a bad attitude by most members of the medical profession.

?I only discovered this site recently and I have found a lot of support here as well as people's stories of what works for them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.