Is it really to put the cast on 24/7 when i have a small split bone at my ankle

Posted , 4 users are following.

Please reply this ASAP cause i want my healing to be godspeed

Thank you!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What exactly do you mean by split bone? is it a crack across the bone. Have you been given a cast which is removable? I have a simple wrist fracture but can't take mine off.
  • Posted

Do you have an aircast? When you are moving around, yes it definitely needs to be on.

I broke my 5th metatarsal 4.5 weeks ago and I am in an aircast 24/7 as well. I am allowed to take it off when I'm sitting to air it out, ice or heat it, and of course it's off when I'm showering but it goes right back on. I was told I will be in it 6-8 weeks. I also was told to sleep with it, which I find a royal pain in the rear end.

If you want your healing to go well, and as quick as possible wear it! And don't rush walking without it or you will hinder your healing.

Hth.

• Posted

I also had a 5th metacarpal break since May 25th (hand fracture) with displacement and had to have surgery. My splint was on 24/7 and was not allowed to remove it. Rebroke it when it came off after 3.5 weeks. Splint went back on and remained on for 3.5 more weeks. So yes, leave it on!
  • Posted

Morning NoTimeForThat;  I am presuming you mean "an Hair-line Fracture"  ....(a slight crack in part of bone)????.....but Yes, you Do need to wear the cast (even if it is removable for showers), as if you don't, then Every time that you move your ankle, the hair-line will still move, and any calcium that has been Put Down in the healing process, will be moved away.....and you Won't achieve your Quick healing that you are wanting  (they would not have put you in  a cast if they did not think it required same, but would have only strapped it for you)......Follow drs' orders to get it healed (it you don't wear it, you may also end up with a slight mis-alignment)????                    Bron

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.