Is it syphilis?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I noticed today that a portion of my penss has an unusual red color, I first thought it's irritated but it doesn't hurt at all. I'm really scared so please, don't troll.

A week ago I went to a prostitute, biggest mistake of my life, she gave me about 15 minutes of unprotected oral sex and like 2 minutes of vaginal protected sex. Can it be syphilis? If I go and run some blood tests will it show if I have it?

I'm only 18 so if it doesn't dissapear till tommorow I have to tell my parents, it will be awful X_X. Please give me some piece of advice.

Sorry for the possible grammar mistakes, I'm not a native and I'm really nervous right now.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Chances of syphilis from oral is very low. However, did ypu notice anything on her mouth?

Do you feel any sensations like itching or tingling? Did it have anything like a blister?

Best thing to do is go get tested, keep in mind it takes 3 months for antibodies to develop, so blood tests won't shoe anything as of yet.

• Posted

It feels normal, no itching or anything, and no blister. If it wasn't for that call-girl I would have thought it's just an irritation but the thing is that she told me that she had just finished her medication for a bad cold and that she took antibiotics, she might have lied about the cold. That's what got me scared. 

How can I get tested if the blood tests don't show anything? 

If the red color doesn't go aways I will have to see a doctor but I hope it will go away until tommorow morning.

• Posted

Actually I just washed it after I peed and I think I felt a little pain but it might be just my imagination.
    • Posted

Well syphilis is a bacteria... There's different testing, depending on the symptoms. Blood, swab, urine.. Depends.

Like I mentioned, it is pretty rare to pass syphilis through saliva and that usually would be someone in later stages, but still rare.

I'd be more concerned that is could be oral herpes. HSV 1, which can be transmitted from the mouth to the genitals. No, she doesn't have to have sores present to spread it either and no, herpes doesn't most of the time have text book symptom's like you read online... It presents itself differently in everyone.

I would go ahead just to take precautions, go have it looked at. Get tests done now and then go back in another 3 months. A lot of the time STDs only get diagnosed because they present symptom's, which a lot of the time they don't. Which is why it is important to go in 3 months again.

How long ago was your contact w her?

How long ago did you symptoms appear?

I'm sure I don't need to tell you this, but stay away from prostitutes OK?

• Posted

If you live in the UK, your best option for a fast diagnosis is to visit a GUM clinic (or its equivalent) at your nearest major hospital. Do that, or make an appointment at your doctor's surgery which will take longer but be just as helpful.

Christopher

• Posted

Hi I had a similar encounter. About 2-5 min unprotected oral. Didn't notice and chancres or such.

I'm just worried about possibly getting syphilis. And everyone's opinion is different. Some Doctors say 2 days after is OK to check. Some say 3 weeks and even 12 weeks. I went 1 week after the night. I don't have any symptoms as of yet. What do u think. I'm in Canada ontario.

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.